Welded aluminum build

Here is where we ended up with the build. 24’8” bow to the motor mount. It’s a great platform to fish from and a wide enough console you aren’t getting blasted by the elements. 225 Seapro gets us about 25 knots at 4000rpm with 4 people and 400L of fuel. Highly recommend Lux Marine.
Looks awesome!

I just sold my boat and I'm in the market for a new one. I'm thinking of getting an aluminum centre console by a local builder. I have toyed with the idea in the past but never followed through. I see there are previous posts similar to this, but thought I'd see if there's any new insights.

I'm considering Lifetimer, but I've read a few negatives, like the hull being narrow, and unstable, and plywood being used. I'm thinking these are probably issues from older models they don't make anymore? They seem priced well compared to the esteamed bridgeview, jackson, northwest....etc.

I was considering a 20 or 22' with self bailing. One issue I see with some welded boats, is the self bailing deck is too low, and water can get in with weight at the back. I can't find a moored Lifetimer to see how they sit.

Thanks for

I just sold my boat and I'm in the market for a new one. I'm thinking of getting an aluminum centre console by a local builder. I have toyed with the idea in the past but never followed through. I see there are previous posts similar to this, but thought I'd see if there's any new insights.

I'm considering Lifetimer, but I've read a few negatives, like the hull being narrow, and unstable, and plywood being used. I'm thinking these are probably issues from older models they don't make anymore? They seem priced well compared to the esteamed bridgeview, jackson, northwest....etc.

I was considering a 20 or 22' with self bailing. One issue I see with some welded boats, is the self bailing deck is too low, and water can get in with weight at the back. I can't find a moored Lifetimer to see how they sit.

Thanks for any recommendations
Did you ever find a boat?

Here is an option in Victoria. Lovely work. They built me a stainless t-top for my old Whaler.

The build is starting! Wondering if there are any particular add ons that anyone would reccomend. The setup will basically be:

22' CC. 24.5' with pod.
8'10 beam
Large console with toilet in front.
Large roof with rails for tie downs
Self bailing deck.
34 gal Fresh water tank with wash down.
100 gal fuel.
2 fish hatches in floor.
Side rod storage
Step up bow compartment with anchor storage
10" gunnels with 6" high rails

300hp and 15hp mercs.

I am considering having the kicker controls and extra steering at the very back.

I wasn't going to bother with raw water wash, as I figure I'll prob have enough fresh water, and it's one less hole in the boat.

I'm also searching for a trailer. 22' with 6500lb capacity. Cheapest quote so far has been Sherwood at $10,500 for an aluminum venture. I would consider a good used.

Raw water sure is handy. No sense it lugging around kilos of fresh water when raw water will work.

A thru hull with valve is no big deal on an aluminum boat.
Thanks. I'll consider this. I still want to have fresh water, so I might see if it can have both. I'm used to having no wash down on all my previous boats, so I wasn't sure about it.

Which hull design did you end up going with? Does Lux have a design?

Are you going to do anything at the stern? Is it going to be just wide enough to keep the water out or will it be wider and incorporating some storage, rod holders, or cleaning platform, etc.?

Which hull design did you end up going with? Does Lux have a design?

Are you going to do anything at the stern? Is it going to be just wide enough to keep the water out or will it be wider and incorporating some storage, rod holders, or cleaning platform, etc.?
He worked with a marine architect to create a hull design. It allows for the console to be a bit farther forward than normal without compromising the self bailing ability. Makes a lot of fishing room in the stern.

The stern will be wide enough for sitting on and possibly adding a steering station like Tofino charter did. There will be storage for the batteries, etc, accessed from doors in the front. I might put a net holder at the back. Most of the storage will be under 2 double bench seats. Also some shelves built into the back of the console.

Back