Walking ramps for boat trailer

Tips Up

I’m looking to build and install walking ramps on my Road Runner boat trailer.
Thinking easiest would be some 2x8 treated wood with something added for grip. I know I could use metal but food is cheaper and lighter.
Any advice or images of what others have done?

image.jpeg Here's a photo of what I did a couple years ago when my trailer was new works fantastic I put a piece of 5/4 board inside the metal runner and u bolted it all to the frame of the trailer I bought the runner at metal supermarket

Yesterday I needed to get far enough out to get the bow between the bunks. There are time’s at shallow launches where it may be handy to have long walk way. Only want to do build once. Probably will be more than u need.

Here's a photo of what I did a couple years ago when my trailer was new works fantastic I put a piece of 5/4 board inside the metal runner and u bolted it all to the frame of the trailer I bought the runner at metal supermarket

That diamond tread looks great. Just called Metal Supermarket. Minimum length is 12' and it was going to be more than $250 .

x2 on Cmiles' setup. Don't have to worry about slippery wood on an "overly optimistic" jump on/off
View attachment 53811 Here's a photo of what I did a couple years ago when my trailer was new works fantastic I put a piece of 5/4 board inside the metal runner and u bolted it all to the frame of the trailer I bought the runner at metal supermarket

Back