Victoria Spring, and Halibut Summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slack tider,
we got skunked saturday as well, 1st time in a long while.
don't feel bad, happens to all of us.
If it's anything like last year there should be another run
through shortly.;)

They are on the way boys. Have been hooking 20 to 30 + a day on the banks [:p]

We fished the Waterfront on saturday morning, not a sniff. Then went out to Constance for the afternoon, nothing. Hopefully they show up soon, beautiful day to be out on the water though!

Beemer and Craven, thanks for the encouragement. I'll keep the eyes on rod tips, change it up frequently, look for the bait fish and eat Hali until I luck out on the salmon.

ST

Out at noon for 3 hours. picked up one nice one and 1 big ling.
Beauty day:)

Gettin' at little scratchy on the flats....
2- 10lb hatch's in the tub and released a wild about the same
couple that didn't stick..
Nice day to be on the water at long last :)

Only 2 for us today as well but both hatch and both made it into the tub - around 10-12lbs.

The fine weather and a good air show, all and all a good day on the water.

Hi All,
I am heading up to Victoria from Seattle with my girlfriend on my boat on the 1st-5th of July. Time to pick up my yearly license and hopefully a few Springs and hali's.
I normally fish the Bamfield to Nootka areas but it is too far a run for just this short a trip. Anyone able to help out with suggestions(Now be nice) as to where to fish while we are up there.
We are in a 30ft Pursuit so we can handle pretty much any water. Idealy we like to trolling for springs, and the hali's and ling's would be secondary.
Thanks in advance,
John

Hi All,
I am heading up to Victoria from Seattle with my girlfriend on my boat on the 1st-5th of July. Time to pick up my yearly license and hopefully a few Springs and hali's.
I normally fish the Bamfield to Nootka areas but it is too far a run for just this short a trip. Anyone able to help out with suggestions(Now be nice) as to where to fish while we are up there.
We are in a 30ft Pursuit so we can handle pretty much any water. Idealy we like to trolling for springs, and the hali's and ling's would be secondary.
Thanks in advance,
John

Picked up our 1st troll caught halibut of the season, being a
somewhat small paddle [:I]
My partner landed 16 & 8lb springs , while i managed to lose 2 others [B)]

Without giving any secrets away can someone give me the general area of the flats and the gap. I have fished the areas off Oak Bay but there is nothing on the charts and the guy at the fish shop looked at me like I had 2 heads. Kinda funny years ago we would have a few cold ones on shore and talk fishing......now we are on line, cyper stories about the one that got away. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back