Victoria for Halibut

I am quiet for one reason and one reason only its HALIBUT season, I will not post on here how it is or how I am doing after last year of some people on here or there friends I had people follow me from the breakwater to one of my favorite spots and cork the gps and wouldnt you know it there was the same person the next day right on my spot fishing, and yes I realize its a big ocean and i dont own it there is a common courtesy associated with fishing!!!!!!and ill add alot of fisherman who do this are not true fisherman there lazy and want someone else to do the homework for them.

Become a fisherman and fish I had to learn and try spots just like a lot of you and yes I got skunked alot in the beginning but thats what fishing is if it wasnt it would be called """"""CATCH""""""

I will never blatently go and get someone elses gps spot and fish it I have respect for someone who has gone to the effort of getting his own fishing spot and if he gets fish all the better and I applaud YOU you are a true fisherman and I am sure you will have a good feeling as you did it all yourself!!!!!!!!!!!NOT from stealing someones else waypoint.

Good luck Wolf

p.s. my rant for the day

Was over on the Fishing tactics web site and on their Sooke fishing report the boys are doing pretty good on both Salmon and Hali's,, I think some of our bourd members are holding out on us !!! come on guy's lets hear the news,, hows it going ?? is it happening ?? should a guy bother coming out for a week ??? don't be mean,,, some of us are just sitten waitin for the word..
Are you ready Beak ?? I'll be good to go F/ around, 04/23 - 04/29 we should look at making a run. I"ll supply the boat and truck, we'll share the gear and you bring the knowlegde,, we'll get er done.[:p] :D [8D] ;) :( [V]

Maddog that spot is starting to produce hit 2 with King Coop today and lots of crab!

A 167.7 lb halibut was weighed in at Outfitters today. The guy who caught it was out fishing in Oak Bay with a buddy and it was the first halibut trip for both of them. How come I never have that kind of luck?

quote:Originally posted by porcupine

A 167.7 lb halibut was weighed in at Outfitters today. The guy who caught it was out fishing in Oak Bay with a buddy and it was the first halibut trip for both of them. How come I never have that kind of luck?

I hope you mean first halibut trip of "the season" Porcupine !
If that was the first Halibut trip, period... well $heee-it !

First halibut fishing trip ever! In fact, a buddy of his told him that he had caught a 300 lb halibut in the Charlottes, so he didn't think it was that big or anything special. Beginners luck.

hey guys new here. was down at the marina and some one brought in a illegal longline in from constance keep your eyes open was left on a single scotsman bouy. multiple hooks fortunately no hali's wasted.

been on the reef several times with no luck. How are you guys setting up your rigs, and which depths are "luckier" this time of the year. any help appreciated until then will stick to fishing instead of catching[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Ringostar

hey guys new here. was down at the marina and some one brought in a illegal longline in from constance keep your eyes open was left on a single scotsman bouy. multiple hooks fortunately no hali's wasted.

Be damned ahh.. looks like you guys got some poachers around there too.. I would think they would be pretty easy to cacth...

Be damned ahh.. looks like you guys got some poachers around there too.. I would think they would be pretty easy to cacth...
[/quote]

Yah who ever set it up was not too bright, the hooks was floating up 50-75 feet and caught on the guys cannonball no marking on the float though and they did not see any boats around, so body too lazy to sit back and relax for an afternoon

Back