Twin 150s? Suzuki or Yamaha

I went with twin Yamaha 150s and a kicker. I had ran 150s before with no issues. When I looked at Suzuki 3 places actually quoted me more than the Yamaha’s so it was an easy pick for me. Like was mentioned earlier the 6 years isn’t exactly as it sounds. I can just imagine the run around after the Manufacture 3 years is up. But I’m less trusting than most....lol

I went with twin Yamaha 150s and a kicker. I had ran 150s before with no issues. When I looked at Suzuki 3 places actually quoted me more than the Yamaha’s so it was an easy pick for me. Like was mentioned earlier the 6 years isn’t exactly as it sounds. I can just imagine the run around after the Manufacture 3 years is up. But I’m less trusting than most....lol
I think you already know that I am equally cautious - that sounds better than saying we are "less trusting"

Sweet! Where'd ya find them? And what vessel are they going on?

We bought the motors from Breakers Marine in Port Alberni. They were a delight to deal with and I received the most professional written and phone communication during the buying process from Jeremy Waugh. We may have got some of the last 150's in stock and these were engines physcially in the dealership.

We are putting the motors on a 25 foot JaxonCraft Hardtop (with pod) that will be ready in October. Now I blame ReelSlim for everything that has transpired. His build thread of his JaxonCraft drew me in and I liked everything about his boat and his build. Though I have never seen ReelSlim's boat we are gettting the same stretched and wider version of the 24 hardtop.

About three weeks ago I decided on the spur of the moment to write Robert at JaxonCraft and see how long his waiting list was. He had just had a cancellation for a build starting in May. We went up to meet Robert and he had a finshed boat in his yard. We spent 4 or 5 hours with Robert and by the time we left we had sort of formulated what we wanted in a build. Not as hard core a fishing boat as some folks here would like but it will suit our needs and give us a nice boat to poke around in. I like to take photos , catch a few fish , and be comfortable on the water and the boat had to met my wife's requirements as well which were a good seaworthy boat , proper weather protection and comfort .

It was kind of funny, I had been looking for a boat for some time and couldn't find what we wanted. I wanted welded aluminum, adequate headroom (I am close to 6'4") and the ability to modify the boat so it met our needs. For example: Robert is moving the cabin back so I can have enough room in the v berth to sleep. He is giving us enough front to back adjustment in the legroom in the front seats that both my wife 5'5" and I can run the boat and/or sit comfortably.

Now I am on the hunt for moorage in the lower mainland for November. I remain optimistic. If anybody knows of any moorage for the fall please let me know.

We bought the motors from Breakers Marine in Port Alberni. They were a delight to deal with and I received the most professional written and phone communication during the buying process from Jeremy Waugh. We may have got some of the last 150's in stock and these were engines physcially in the dealership.

We are putting the motors on a 25 foot JaxonCraft Hardtop (with pod) that will be ready in October. Now I blame ReelSlim for everything that has transpired. His build thread of his JaxonCraft drew me in and I liked everything about his boat and his build. Though I have never seen ReelSlim's boat we are gettting the same stretched and wider version of the 24 hardtop.

About three weeks ago I decided on the spur of the moment to write Robert at JaxonCraft and see how long his waiting list was. He had just had a cancellation for a build starting in May. We went up to meet Robert and he had a finshed boat in his yard. We spent 4 or 5 hours with Robert and by the time we left we had sort of formulated what we wanted in a build. Not as hard core a fishing boat as some folks here would like but it will suit our needs and give us a nice boat to poke around in. I like to take photos , catch a few fish , and be comfortable on the water and the boat had to met my wife's requirements as well which were a good seaworthy boat , proper weather protection and comfort .

It was kind of funny, I had been looking for a boat for some time and couldn't find what we wanted. I wanted welded aluminum, adequate headroom (I am close to 6'4") and the ability to modify the boat so it met our needs. For example: Robert is moving the cabin back so I can have enough room in the v berth to sleep. He is giving us enough front to back adjustment in the legroom in the front seats that both my wife 5'5" and I can run the boat and/or sit comfortably.

Now I am on the hunt for moorage in the lower mainland for November. I remain optimistic. If anybody knows of any moorage for the fall please let me know.

Sorry for spending your money.....actually no I’m not! Lol. Very exciting news. You will like the entire process dealing with Robert. If you have any other questions you know where to get in touch. Greg

Back