TUNA

Are you running out of Neah Bay in WA? I would be interest in going out or following you out. When do you start fishing? Thanks for the response. I have been trying to get some information from 5 salt but can't seem to get him to respond.

We will be running out of Neah Bay ( commencing last week of July to middle of Sept weather depending) out past flattery to the canyons, distance unknown depending on temps offshore however I expect it to be less than 40 miles from the coast. I'm running a 28 Albemarle and so is the other boat from WA. Email me and I will provide further details when you could hookup with us on one of our trips and any other information regarding albacore.

Reel Deal - Do you know Tower Todd or are you Tower Todd? I have only seen one 28 Albemarle at Neah. I think I could get a 35' Albin out on tuna grounds as well. We just ran 50 nautical for the last hali. opener. We ran into 57 degree water around Blue Dot, but it didn't seem to get higher than that. Would be fun to get hali and salmon limits with a bunch of TUNA! I will be at Neah roughly every other weekend from now until mid-September or when they run out of water at the dock.[:p] I will be up this next week July 3-8. Hope to see you guys this summer!

Yes I know Tower Tod, he is the other Albemarle we plan on running with this summer.

Where exactly are the Barkley Canyons? Do you have riggers on you marle and what kind of spread do you usually run for that area?

cornfed why did you run so far for Hali? Why not fish the swiftsure area?

Barkley Canyon is off Cape Beale approx 40 miles, I run 16 2 speed penns ( depending on H2O conditions 8 lines) and pull spreader bars and dreges presenting 100+ baits to pull the Albacore from the depths of 250 ft + up to the surface --- a huge difference from draging 6 clones what is the norm in WA / OR ( no one in BC to my knowledge) to bring them up to the surface to hit.

We were tired of getting chickens so we decided to make a run and we had a lingcod fest before we even had our first halibut, and then they were all still chickens. I am going to work the "dump" next time it is open.

I don't know what the norm is for WA/OR, but it seems like most guys run clones (the TC100s) in an inverted "V". I have never done the tuna thing. I just got back into town after a five year stay in Lincoln, Nebraska. After hearing about the tuna and listening to the guys on ifish.net, I want to get into this fishery!

Reel are you doing a Tuna charter out of Neah Bay?

Cornfed

Do you fish the canadian side of swiftsure? It is about the best place for Hali.

I'm not a charter ---- just fish for pleasure! Fish both sides US & CDN where the temps and blue water appear to be the best for success.

If you are ever looking for someone to pay for gas and an extra deck hands we would love to go out with someone that know what he they are doing.

Battaglino - I fish Canadian Swiftsure...for the most part the southwest and northeast corners. The US side is opening back up this saturday so we are going to put some time in at the dump to see if we can hook into a barn door.

cornfed

Have you done very well this year? I am suppose to go up the next week but I have a trial on Monday that Department of Justice may not let me out of. I have to quit doing this working thing. I may just come up for the Sunday and go out with some freinds. Hope to see you up there. Joe

Back