Trophy pricing

Grady V2 or bust for you?
Grady, Pursuit or Whaler are my favorite three boats for West Coast Fishing.
I've had the opportunity to ride/fish in allot of different Boats over the past 35+ years fishing the West Coast and there's not many I haven't been in.
Kingfishers are one of the worst aluminum boats and SeaSport, Osprey, Orca's are one of the worse fiberglass boats I've been in Offshore in the big Water. I just dread fishing with my friends who own these boats and coming home beaten up and sore.
I would just strongly suggest before a person buys "any" boat to do a Sea-Trial in the worst kind of water conditions your planning to be in on a regular basis.
Most boats will handle flat or small chop decent but get out in the rough water and see how they handle/ride.
Just my opinion and thoughts and what I tell my friends when their looking for a different boat.

Grady, Pursuit or Whaler are my favorite three boats for West Coast Fishing.
I've had the opportunity to ride/fish in allot of different Boats over the past 35+ years fishing the West Coast and there's not many I haven't been in.
Kingfishers are one of the worst aluminum boats and SeaSport, Osprey, Orca's are one of the worse fiberglass boats I've been in Offshore in the big Water. I just dread fishing with my friends who own these boats and coming home beaten up and sore.
I would just strongly suggest before a person buys "any" boat to do a Sea-Trial in the worst kind of water conditions your planning to be in on a regular basis.
Most boats will handle flat or small chop decent but get out in the rough water and see how they handle/ride.
Just my opinion and thoughts and what I tell my friends when their looking for a different boat.
Yeah, someone was slaming the Whalers on here but I love em.

Make sure you Sea-Trial the Sea Sport before you buy it in rougher water, any boat for that matter.
Personally I think the Osprey/Sea Sport / Orca are the roughest/worst riding boats I have ever been in.
Never rode in the sea sports. I was under the impression they are offshore machines. Love the cabins. The looks. Will get out for a ride in one to see. There is a couple at the marina I park in.

Never rode in the sea sports. I was under the impression they are offshore machines. Love the cabins. The looks. Will get out for a ride in one to see. There is a couple at the marina I park in.
I have a SeaSport 22 and it rides great. I’ve owned a lot of boats so I can compare as apposed to someone who has been taken out on one a few times… I will agree, I suspect a Proline or Grady may ride better through the rough stuff but the SeaSport has much better cabin for cruising and I love the quality and layout. Plus, I try to avoid the really rough waters. We were off bamfield this year in nasty waves coming over the bow and we never felt unsafe (just uncomfortable). Everything with boats is a trade off.. compare a SeaSport ride to an Arima or Cdory or an aluminum of the same size and you will think the SeaSport has the best ride ever!

I have a SeaSport 22 and it rides great. I’ve owned a lot of boats so I can compare as apposed to someone who has been taken out on one a few times… I will agree, I suspect a Proline or Grady may ride better through the rough stuff but the SeaSport has much better cabin for cruising and I love the quality and layout. Plus, I try to avoid the really rough waters. We were off bamfield this year in nasty waves coming over the bow and we never felt unsafe (just uncomfortable). Everything with boats is a trade off.. compare a SeaSport ride to an Arima or Cdory or an aluminum of the same size and you will think the SeaSport has the best ride ever!
I never let a c-dory jab go unanswered! I’ve been offshore at Bamfield and my buddy described it as school bus sized waves coming at us from all directions and like you uncomfortable but not unsafe. A 22 Seasport has a better ride in chop, without a doubt, but they are made by the same company and each has their plus and minus. Have you been in bigger Arima over 20+ feet with a hard top?

Sorry for off topic, we might have to settle this with a hurston, seasport, Grady, c-dory offshore derby, mine will be the slowest but still up for the fight!

I never let a c-dory jab go unanswered! I’ve been offshore at Bamfield and my buddy described it as school bus sized waves coming at us from all directions and like you uncomfortable but not unsafe. A 22 Seasport has a better ride in chop, without a doubt, but they are made by the same company and each has their plus and minus. Have you been in bigger Arima over 20+ feet with a hard top?

Sorry for off topic, we might have to settle this with a hurston, seasport, Grady, c-dory offshore derby, mine will be the slowest but still up for the fight!
Hey I love Cdory’s too.. they have a very nice cabin, well made and seaworthy. A huge plus with the Cdory is that there isn’t a concealed bilge area out back. When fishing, You are standing on the bottom of the boat so you don’t have a messy bilge to deal with or loose things. Like I said, SeaSport, Cdory, orca, proline, Arima, Boston whaler, double eagle, Shamrock they are all great boats :) …as long as they are outboards lol

Been Drooling over that for awhile. Real bad case of the New variant 5footitis
I’ve been drooling over that thing for a whileBB8D0DC1-30A7-486B-B435-B67E2A22E87D.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s a Video of the boat in the ad…I’ve probably watched it a dozen times now
My Fishing Partner has the 28 Osprey, pretty much the twin of this boat.
Speaking from years of experience fishing on this Boat from inside Barkley Sound to 80 miles Offshore Tuna Fishing this is a terrible riding boat and not easy to fish off.
The High gunnels make netting and fighting fish very difficult and I'm 6'4.
The ride in the rough water is terrible, your beat up at the end of the day and your entire body aches.
I cannot wait to get back into my Grady White 282 Sailfish after a day on the Osprey!!!

My Fishing Partner has the 28 Osprey, pretty much the twin of this boat.
Speaking from years of experience fishing on this Boat from inside Barkley Sound to 80 miles Offshore Tuna Fishing this is a terrible riding boat and not easy to fish off.
The High gunnels make netting and fighting fish very difficult and I'm 6'4.
The ride in the rough water is terrible, your beat up at the end of the day and your entire body aches.
I cannot wait to get back into my Grady White 282 Sailfish after a day on the Osprey!!!
Just wondering how fast your going to make it a pounding ride. I take my 20 hours ton off shore lots and if it is big swells with 15 mph winds wind go 12 mph and plow our way out. We never take a pounding. Bit more time that’s all. Just wondering about speed. I did the same in my Grady

I don't know about your 20 but mine would destroy that trophy most likely, why change for that? The trophy is a downgrade from what you have. The cuddy is small no kitchen and I bet the v birth is even smaller. My 20 has a bigger bed than 228 Grady for reference.

You're kinda screwed for options and 65K is a joke for that boat with the power. Get yourself a big old rotten Grady is an idea.. :) But then you need a big one for a decent cabin since they prioritize deck space and now your talking twins.

I have the same problem, would love a bigger boat not much decent in the fiberglass department that will give good rides and good accommodations. A 26 hourston would be nice but likely will be a bagged rotten project for too much money. Alum is not an option if you want a good ride unless you get something really big.

Interested to see what you choose.

I don't know about your 20 but mine would destroy that trophy most likely, why change for that? The trophy is a downgrade from what you have. The cuddy is small no kitchen and I bet the v birth is even smaller. My 20 has a bigger bed than 228 Grady for reference.

You're kinda screwed for options and 65K is a joke for that boat with the power. Get yourself a big old rotten Grady is an idea.. :) But then you need a big one for a decent cabin since they prioritize deck space and now your talking twins.

I have the same problem, would love a bigger boat not much decent in the fiberglass department that will give good rides and good accommodations. A 26 hourston would be nice but likely will be a bagged rotten project for too much money. Alum is not an option if you want a good ride unless you get something really big.

Interested to see what you choose.
Find a buddy and split this! What do you think @Jason Clark? https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/boa/d/vancouver-26-hourston-glascraft/7377125025.html

Alternatively there is a sick BW conquest 2885 with Honda 225x2 on a triple axle trailer down in WA.

Ok, I have to chime in, I may be biased as I own a 24' Sea Sport Explorer and I have owned a 24 Pursuit, been on many Grady 232's and lots of Hourston's but I have no idea where Jason Clark is coming from with the pounding comment. With the Sea Sports you do have to work the trim when it gets crappy or if people are moving around but I have had my boat in some very rough offshore sea and never had it pound. Are they the best in a following sea- no. The hull of the Osprey is not the same either. Different strokes for everyone that's why there are so many brands but really..

Ok, I have to chime in, I may be biased as I own a 24' Sea Sport Explorer and I have owned a 24 Pursuit, been on many Grady 232's and lots of Hourston's but I have no idea where Jason Clark is coming from with the pounding comment. With the Sea Sports you do have to work the trim when it gets crappy or if people are moving around but I have had my boat in some very rough offshore sea and never had it pound. Are they the best in a following sea- no. The hull of the Osprey is not the same either. Different strokes for everyone that's why there are so many brands but really..
Solid following and tons of happy Seasport owners. Lesson here is try before you buy?

How is the search going now?

Solid following and tons of happy Seasport owners. Lesson here is try before you buy?

How is the search going now?
I am still searching, not sure what to do. I truly love my boat, new everything on it so looking at 15 year old boats with 15 year old power that are overpriced is a downgrade really. The reliability of my power gives me options to do what I want, just hoping for more comfort. Almost ready to buy a 23 hull and restore over the next few years and re power and then I am set. Just enjoy mine through the process.

Back