trailer walking plank?

My boat has a sharp "V" hull. Getting it on a trailer with rollers is easier said then done. Powering up on the trailer does beat up the lip of the launch ramp. There's also the risk of clipping a rock or concrete with the prop on the wrong tide when the bow climbs up and drops the stern, especially with the 30" leg on my Suzuki. I'm sometimes walking out to the end of the trailer to get the clip on so the board really helps. I then use an electric winch

Nice! - First one I have seen outside the frame per se. Looks like 6-7 angle brackets to hold it? Really nice looking work.

Been loading my 26.5” with rollers all summer with no issues, solo a half dozen times. I just leave the engines in gear pushing it into the front roller. I crawl over the front and hook up and suck it up tight, go back up, shut engines down and trim them up. What I do need is a ladder to make it easier to get over the front. Doesn’t take much just something to hold it in place.
Anybody care to share a pic of their trailer mod to get their winch cable/strap to the boat's eye bolt? This particular roller trailer and boat combination requires a fait length of strap to reach the eye. I back in far enough sou there is still enough terra firm to get to the trailer winch but the boat is a long way back on the first set of rollers. If I back in more, I run out of land behind the truck and trailer and if I go in less, there is even more strap needed. Regardless, I have to do the I Beam balancing act to connect the winch hook to the eye and would like to put in a walking plank.

I have considered a grate material, PT 2 x 10, etc but thought I would put to this forum to see what others have done that they have found useful in case I am missing anything.

Thanks for posting the question.
I am about to add the same to my new trailer. I think I will go with Sharphooks model. I can't weld either. Wood is cheap and easy to work with. Also easy to replace.
I've been checking out trailers at the ramp for ideas and this looks good.

Back