Tire Opinions

Thanks for all the input guys. I knew i could trust the forum to turn out some good help. I have sent a couple emails and i am waiting to hear back. Can't wait for new rubber. Maybe a canopy is next!

I bought a set of Motor Master Total Terrain A/T's from Can tire. They would be a good summer tire but in the cold they are like wooden wagon wheels, hard as a rock and shook the heck out of my truck. I complained to Can tire and they took them back and gave me a full refund. I tried to upgrade to a better set with them but they had nothing suitable in stock and were having difficulty ordering some in so I went to the GM dealer and got a set of Michellin LTX M/S and they installed them for me at no charge. Good on Can tire for the service and the Michellins are working great in the snow and cold. The total price for this was 1150.00

pro comp extreme a/t. just got em,, like em. quiet, lotsa siping..and i carry a set of DOT chains 35/12.5/17

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the toyo mud terrains on my dodge, tough tires put 40000km on them so far and look new. They are a little loud but i have 33/12.5/20's so what do you expect. Will buy the all terrains next time but a great tire.

I have run Michelin for years and have never had a problem , good mileage from them and quiet.
Since the insurance companies are now making noises on proper snow tires I purchased Firestone Snow tires as they were reasonable had a good history and they will only be on my truck for 4 months a year.

AL

Used to put on a lot of miles on logging roads. Michelin LTX lasted the longest, were the quietest (on pavement), smoothest ride, good in snow, never had them hydro-plane on me. Good tires but yes the side walls are tender (that's what makes them smooth riding), watch out for the blast (shot) rock on the logging roads! BF Goodrich tires were very durable very grippy, solid tires, although they generally only lasted one year on the logging roads (but they were cheaper), they were prone to hydro-planing, good in snow (when newer), stronger side walls (making them stiffer and not as smooth on pavement) and yes they were noisier than the LXT's. In all both were good tires, each had benefits. To rank them from my personal experiences with them: If you are on logging roads more than 60% of your driving miles then go for the BF Goodrich. If you are on the pavement more than 60% of your driving miles then the Michelin LTX will do well for you, but you will just have to slow down on freshly graded and newly made logging roads to avoid sidewall damage. Just my 2 cents. ;) Happy trails:)

If you are on the island it might not be convienent because I beleive you can only ship them to a U.S. address. I shipped them to Point Roberts. But I just bought a set of Michelins of the Tire Rack.com and got $1300 tires for $700.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back