Tablet plug-in options

I just ordered a Simplidock for my old mini6. It’s mount is very similar to my Garmin 8612xsv. It has a power hook up in behind that I’ll wire to the backside of my cigarette lighter for charging. It looks super clean. And my plan is, to eventually get a second tablet that I can mirror the chart plotter on the back deck so I can fish back there, run the auto pilot. The mini will be used for navionics up in the helm. I’ll post a picture when I get it installed
Those look nice, which model did you go with?

Question for the tablet users.

Does the tablet have to be in cell coverage in order for it to plot and track you ?

Nope. It's all satellite based to track you. Turn on, download the app and go.
Good to know. So really a guy having the app as I do on his phone one can just use his phone as a back up. Nice, my wife will be very happy lol.

Thx

Good to know. So really a guy having the app as I do on his phone one can just use his phone as a back up. Nice, my wife will be very happy lol.

Thx
Ya it's pretty easy and the can't beat the price. You can download the app on up to 5 devices I believe. I have it on my tablet, my phone, my wife's phone and one of my kids phone. When I'm taking a nap down below while cruising, it's nice to make sure we are still on route.

Ya it's pretty easy and the can't beat the price. You can download the app on up to 5 devices I believe. I have it on my tablet, my phone, my wife's phone and one of my kids phone. When I'm taking a nap down below while cruising, it's nice to make sure we are still on route.

I added the small usb 12v to the overhead box and then used a sea sucker mount for the tablet, turned out pretty good. Seasucker rock solid even in bad seas

Screenshot_20220718-093917.png

Screenshot_20220718-093924.png

Should give me 4 systems. I have 2 head units both with full charts, my mercury vessel view has built in basic maps and now my phone, should be solid lol.

Should give me 4 systems. I have 2 head units both with full charts, my mercury vessel view has built in basic maps and now my phone, should be solid lol.
On apple products, in order to get a gps sensor, you need the phone capability.
On iPads, this is the top level and a bit spendy. iPhones will work fine.

I like it as a true backup, independent power, gps antenna and mapping.
I am scarred from the old days when boats experienced total electrical failure, thankfully the diesel engine and stove kept on humming.

Those look nice, which model did you go with?
I went with this one in Matt black to try and match my flush mounted Garmin

i really wanted to go with the pro 11 but by the time I added the mount in there I didn’t have enough real estate to fit it in nicely

Yeah everything is switching to usb-c. No more messing around with a 50% chance at plugging it in and getting it wrong every time. But usb still works for everything right now.

On apple products, in order to get a gps sensor, you need the phone capability.
On iPads, this is the top level and a bit spendy. iPhones will work fine.

I like it as a true backup, independent power, gps antenna and mapping.
I am scarred from the old days when boats experienced total electrical failure, thankfully the diesel engine and stove kept on humming.
Ok thanks good to know. Either way I‘d be safe as I do have cell on my iPad as well.

Affix a backup battery to it. Like the ones teens carry to make sure their cell phones have power.

Will get a better picture but got my Simplidock installed, wish I had more room for a bigger one but it mounted up well. Got a usb to 12v hardwire adapter so it’s always charging when the batteries are turned on. Also picked up a ram mount that I mounted on the starboard side just behind the helm chair so I can mirror the chart plotter screen. Pretty slick definitely happy with how it turned out. I’ll get some better pics next time I’m at the boat

Attachments

• CB8A5987-AF4E-42EE-9522-34B0300F9D0D.jpeg
    CB8A5987-AF4E-42EE-9522-34B0300F9D0D.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 37
Anyone looking for a tablet setup, I got a Samsung tablet hooked up to a ram mount and quad lock setup. I’m loving it so far super clean and strong setup. Keep the iPad in the dash next to the MFD.

Attachments

• B3A7AE92-DA2B-4424-A12A-D70A3D85FCA2.jpeg
    B3A7AE92-DA2B-4424-A12A-D70A3D85FCA2.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 24
  • A6EE2D8A-ED17-4980-830B-9D50FE0D9E62.jpeg
    A6EE2D8A-ED17-4980-830B-9D50FE0D9E62.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 23
Back