Sooke Report?

yammy5

Anyone have a Sooke update? Heading out tomorrow to see if there are some big whites hanging around and maybe a few northern coho. Weather looks good!

Wish I knew, Yammy. I'm planning to go out looking for coho tomorrow myself.
T2

Wish I knew, Yammy. I'm planning to go out looking for coho tomorrow myself.
T2

Sounds good T! Should be a nice day to be on the water. I'm heading towards Otter at first light to see what's left out there. We were hitting coho in the teens out there last year at this time but everything is delayed this year so they are probably still on their way. Unless they are traveling in the deep...haven't tried the tidelines yet.

Sounds good T! Should be a nice day to be on the water. I'm heading towards Otter at first light to see what's left out there. We were hitting coho in the teens out there last year at this time but everything is delayed this year so they are probably still on their way. Unless they are traveling in the deep...haven't tried the tidelines yet.

I'll give you a holler on the VHF--I think in the morning I'll try to go straight out into the strait from Sooke and see what I can find.Do you monitor 68?
T2

Edited by - tsquared on 09/23/2005 19:36:57

I'll give you a holler on the VHF--I think in the morning I'll try to go straight out into the strait from Sooke and see what I can find.Do you monitor 68?
T2

Edited by - tsquared on 09/23/2005 19:36:57

Despite my brave talk re going right after coho, I went spring fishing off Secretary. 7:15 to 10:15. 1 12 lb spring, 4 wild coho. beautiful morning.
T2

Despite my brave talk re going right after coho, I went spring fishing off Secretary. 7:15 to 10:15. 1 12 lb spring, 4 wild coho. beautiful morning.
T2

Yesterday afternoon, 3rd, 4th tideline, hatchery and wild coho, very plentiful. Limited quickly then catch and release search ing for Springs, found none.Released a app 12lb Wild. Funny thing, fast trolled down to slow Spring troll until they struck.

B Gibb

Yesterday afternoon, 3rd, 4th tideline, hatchery and wild coho, very plentiful. Limited quickly then catch and release search ing for Springs, found none.Released a app 12lb Wild. Funny thing, fast trolled down to slow Spring troll until they struck.

B Gibb

Changed plans at 4:30am yesterday and ended up in Renfrew on a buddy's boat. Worked the beach but it was really slow - picked up one small spring. Apparently No Bananas picked up a 44lb'r off Camper. We ended up in 300ft of water chasing coho and found a pile of those but nothing huge. Shoulda stayed in sooke by the sounds of the reports as the fishing was about the same!

Back