Sooke Picking up for winters

• Thread starter Thread starter hootch
  • Start date Start date
Fished the trailer park/ bluffs today from 10-2:30. 3 fish 5-6lb. Pretty slow go.
Lots of seals following us around. Beautiful day on the water! No other boats around.

Tips

Fished from bluffs to otter point in front of the trailer park. Few boats out only 2 catching fish that I saw. I had 2 up to the boat but they shook the hook =\

Otherwise beautiful weather and water was calm all day.

Out today with ron caught a 15 pound beauty lost one to Sammy the Seal. Only a two hour fish today, not bad!!!![8D] FLat water nice and sunny.

Cheers Codfish

Same here Bluffs to Otter got sealed in the am and kept a 4 and 8 lber.
Awesome day to be out.

vic

Would you mind telling me what kind of water depth and how deep you were fishing? Also - what kind of bait - thanks!!

I was fishin around 110 feet with glow green hoochies and chrome green flasher.

What boat were you guys runnin?

I was in the whaler [8D]

quote:Originally posted by Poe

I was in the whaler [8D]

I wasn't out on Sunday - I'm planning on going out on Wednesday. I run a Explorer 552 with a blue bimini - I usually launch at Sunny Shores.

quote:Originally posted by Always Learnin

quote:Originally posted by Poe

I was in the whaler [8D]

I wasn't out on Sunday - I'm planning on going out on Wednesday. I run a Explorer 552 with a blue bimini - I usually launch at Sunny Shores.

I wish I could launch there I have yet to get to know anyone in the park that will grant me access to the boat launch =\

quote: Poe? Is that you Mr. Dunn?

My name is Ian, I just moved back to the island after a 25 year hiatus and I am "refreshing" my fishing skills.

Went out well bundled up this morning off the Bluffs with Codfish in his new ride, Nice Boat. We hit about ten fish and kept two for the BBQ. NE wind was Cold with snow low in the hills. Not bad for a few hours. No seals[8D]

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

Good job boys,,, and sweet ride codfish.. Thx for the pics...

Out of Beecher Bay today. Between Bedfords and Whirl Bay 4 fish - 3 were pretty small, kept a 7-8 lbs. All deep, hootchies were the ticket. Saw Last Chance's baby at work - nice rig, and it even caught nice fish. Or should I rather say his client brought in a few?

Poe

quote:I wish I could launch there I have yet to get to know anyone in the park that will grant me access to the boat launch =\

Why can't you launch at Sunny Shores? You don't need to "know" anyone, just go to the office and pay the launch fee...or has something changed there?

quote:Originally posted by chris73

Out of Beecher Bay today. Between Bedfords and Whirl Bay 4 fish - 3 were pretty small, kept a 7-8 lbs. All deep, hootchies were the ticket. Saw Last Chance's baby at work - nice rig, and it even caught nice fish. Or should I rather say his client brought in a few?

Yeah, I was up front playing with all the new guages and shiny things. We had plenty of hook-ups, but, not wanting to jinx the new boat, we made damn sure we didn't "forget" to pinch our barbs..

quote:Originally posted by Bodie

Poe

quote:I wish I could launch there I have yet to get to know anyone in the park that will grant me access to the boat launch =\

Why can't you launch at Sunny Shores? You don't need to "know" anyone, just go to the office and pay the launch fee...or has something changed there?

Sorry I was thinking of the one out by Otter Point. I usually launch at Jox Dock as it is closer to the bluffs and has been dredged out this last summer.

Back