Sooke Picking up for winters

• Thread starter Thread starter hootch
  • Start date Start date
H

hootch

Great day today 4 fish 10 -12 pound range lost 3 to seals as well as released 5 others. Water was nice today for a change. Maybe winter springs have arrived...

The "trailer park" - sooke. Other boats seemed to be having the same success today. The seal seemed to be attracted to our boat today!!!

They may let you park in the field this time of year ??
they don't allow it in the summer because of all the camper's

No problem to park you car and trailer theres, lots of places on the grass and over where in the summer all the tralers are lined up you can put it there andys a good guy.

To change the subject a bit yesterday when I went quadding in sooke I did notice just past the green marker in the channel a big tug or something was on its starboard side sunk past the gunnels!!!whats with that thing ???and how long has it been sunk there????

Wolf

I heard it was towing a logboom, storm hit, sought refuge in the basin for the night, broke its anchor, and got put up onto the
rocks. It has been there for weeks. Windows broken, possibly things
stolen. We recently had a very high tide, and they still couldn't get it off the rocks.

Dont know if there is rocks there but I know it is a huge mud bog cause I saw a guy go through there one time (didnt go on the inside of the bouy)his moter kicked up and eel grass and mud was being flug every where.

I have seen a sailboat,huge pleasure boat and a few little boats not follow the bouy system and get in trouble!!!!!!!!
I just dont under stand it green bouy on your port side(returning) but they still want to go wherever they want LOL LOL LOL

Wolf

That tugs been there for a while.See it everyday from my living room window.I was told it dragged anchor in the last storm and is now stuck in the mud.I just hope its not leaking fuel or oil.

Snap a couple photos and post them up it would be interesting to see...

hey tailspin, yes- Fishing was incredible for us on sunday in sooke. I agree Hootch - nice to see some winters in.

ahhhhhhhhh waiting for you to invite maddog and myself I would rather go on the quad!!!!!!

Wolf

"I just dont under stand it green bouy on your port side(returning) but they still want to go wherever they want"
I would like to respectfully correct the above so we do not have boats high and dry all over the place.
The term to remember is "Red right returning"
This quote taken from the Boating basics online is the one to remember..."Red, Right, Returning" tells you to leave the red markers to your right, or starboard, when returning from sea. The green markers are then left on your port side and between is the channel. Be sure to look behind you when navigating a narrow channel to make sure you are not being pushed out by wind or current.

Safe Boating..Willy

Boy they sure taste 'The Best' at this time of the year.[:p] There is nothing like them! BBQ or Some lightly smoked, Some candy ..mmmmm.... Glow Hootchies and spoons are catching but the anchovy brought home the big ones. 125-140 ft all along the 20 fathom edge [8D] Please be careful getting out on the ocean and keep an eye on the weather at all times. We recently got hit by a squall to 45Kts wind in less than 20 mins and it was rough at the entrance w/big ebb tides.
I do have some pics & info of the tug. I'll open a new thread in Gen forum.

Didnt I say the same thing there willy??????Green is on your left and red on your right better look back to what I said and rethink!!!!!

Quote: you wrote::::

I would like to respectfully correct the above so we do not have boats high and dry all over the place.

The green markers are then left on your port side

I wrote:::::: I just dont under stand it green bouy on your port side(returning)

CAN YOU see a difference?????????????????????????????????

Wolf

Back