Salmon recipes

Tips Up

So how do you like to cook your catch?

I am looking for easy recipes.

I usually stick to:

1. Squirt of lemon juice then coat with mayonaise and sprinkle dill over top.

2. teriyaki
3. brown sugar and soy sauce

Tips

I got bored with my normal recipes so started experimenting and came up with this.

Ingredients

Apple Juice
Hot Pickled Banana Peppers (sliced-Costco)
Fresh Garlic
Salmon Fillet

Place the fillet skin down on tin foil and make a boat out of the foil.

Fill the boat with apple juice.

Cover the entire fillet with the peppers and fresh garlic.

Place on BBQ and turn up the heat allowing the juice to boil.

The fish poaches in the juice and it doesn't take long at all.

The result is a sweet meat with a nice bite to it. If you enjoy peppers, eat them as well, or scrape them off if you find them too hot.

We really like this recipe.

Yummy Salmon:
Mix together 1/2 tsp garlic minced
2 Tbs dijon mustard
3 Tbs soya sauce
6 Tbs olive oil
Brush generously over salmon and let rest 20 min.
Bake at 400 deg. covered with foil. Before the last 5 min of cooking remove foil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

I like to change it up here and there myself. The last marinade which was good was
2/3rds teryaki, 1/3rd soy sauce, added brown sugar until it tasted sweet, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 finely chopped onion and a liberal portion of dried chile flakes.

I added the chilies to the marinade until it had a bite.

I cut the salmon into 2 inch X 1 inch cubes, marinated it for 1 hour and BBQ'd it.

It was delicious and got rave reviews but I was a little dissapointed that the hotness from the chiles seemed to cool down a lot during cooking. Will add more next time. ;) I like hot food. [}:)]

My 2 cents.
BBQ Salmon
-Mayo and brown sugar make a really good glaze for an open filet
on the BBQ.
-one whole salmon cut into 2 filets. in between goes onions, feta cheese, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and seasoning salt. Wrap in saran wrap, then wrap in tin foil. Place on the BBQ. The saran wrap poaches it. damned good.

Kildonan......try adding some chilli pepper sauce or some chinese chilli paste to your mix with or without the pepper flakes. That should solve your tempering problem.

Almost like kilodans but I use 2 cups of brown sugar 2 cups of white wine just a bit of soy sauce to taste you want to keep the sugar as your base so keep it sweet add ginger,garlic,pepper and a bit of ms dash or italian seasoning and let it marinade over night to really saturate the fish very good,
cook on the bbq medium heat spray your grates with pam cook first flesh side down then flip to finish because if its going to stick the skin will only come off.
Cooked it like this for the ball team on the weekend and didnt have a piece leftover.

Good luck Wolf

quote:Originally posted by Red Carey

Kildonan......try adding some chilli pepper sauce or some chinese chilli paste to your mix with or without the pepper flakes. That should solve your tempering problem.

Sounds like a plan, will give that a try.

It's amusing to feed fresh fish to non-fishers, isn't it? They go ape **** when you serve it and just gobble it up. LOL

I too use brown sugar. Recipe is using salmon steaks, I grind some pepper, a little bit of finely chopped garlic, then coat with approx 1-2 teaspoons of demara brown sugar. I rub this into the salmon steak, wet the sugar with soya sauce and rub in again, then light coat with olive oil. I then do the other side. Oil the BBQ racks then grill on low. When they come off I dash with salt and maybe fresh lemon if I have some.

chopped up sundried tomatos olive oil and garlic baste and cook in tinfoil on BBQ for a few minutes

I assume you all know how to cook salmon on a bbq lol

Back