Renfrew July 21 weekend

Back from Renfrew this weekend Springs from Logan and Camper 16 to 26. Had great time. Pinks in between so it was pretty good action for my newbie girl friend. She landed the 26 pretty cool.. anyone have a Hali spot they would like to share!!! would'nt mind trying for them this weekend. Back Fri to Mon. Only been to Renfrew a couple trips so trying to get the lay of the place.

MJ

well the weekend is over, have the springs gotten more consistant in renny yet? How about the bank, is it worth it for springs or stick to the beach? Lastchance if you're up this weekend, don't be surpised if a 20' grady comes up and grills ya for some info ;)

quote:Originally posted by rmj002

Back from Renfrew this weekend Springs from Logan and Camper 16 to 26. Had great time. Pinks in between so it was pretty good action for my newbie girl friend. She landed the 26 pretty cool.. anyone have a Hali spot they would like to share!!! would'nt mind trying for them this weekend. Back Fri to Mon. Only been to Renfrew a couple trips so trying to get the lay of the place.

The bulk of the guide fleet is just doing the ol' "drift and jerk" around the Swiftsure closure for what is on average, a load of small fish.

HOWEVER, the guys who have broken away from the pack and been working the structure to the West in closer to shore (Including a buddy of mine) have been doing very well, with the dogfish less and less of a problem as you go further west. Start at 124.59.000 and just go west and find yourself shallower then 210 feet, throw the hook and some bait down. And please watch the Swiftsure Closure area, don't go in there.

This has been consistent since Friday, so I'm not sure how it will look in the coming days, but for some bigger fish without the work of drifting for them (And loosing gear in the coming big tides), this may represent a good opportunity. Anchoring with bait has been working the last week, and considering the time of year, the dogfish have been almost non-existent. My charters this weekend didn't let me get out to the bank for a first-hand report, as there were several servings of "deck pizza" by some seasick people on board my craft, so I was shore-bound most of the time.

On Saturday met a guy at the wharf with a spring that gutted weighed 38 pounds. He caught it at logan.

We picked 3 of our 4 at Logan. Green Hot Shot Flasher with Green/ Char teaser. Army truck head only hit by pinks. Water good both days. Looked like the wind picked up on Sunday at noon. We had to pull out ot catch a plane at 5:30. Will try the bank for Hali if the water allows. Will be out Fri 18 ft Trophy "PAID FORE" I saw few boats get the nets out so things might be picking up.

MJ

Back