Renfrew July 21 weekend

S

SeaFunMan

Just back from Renfrew. Things are coming on! Lots of Halibut but small. Chucked back 10 to get one keeper. 18 – 25lb springs on the beach now (Logan). As with the banks you have to weed through an infestation of small feeder springs, Coho and Pinks to get at them. Must have tossed back 50 Coho and didn’t see one hatchery? 2 guys 2 day total – 7 springs, 6 butts, 4 pinks, 24 beer cans, and one empty bottle of Tums.[:I]

That's only 6 Beers a day each. Kinda like braggin about the Shaker you threw back. Hope they were at least Tall Boys.

What were you running for springs on the beach? I usually go to Tomics when the coho are thick...and yes..I know sometimes that doesn't even do it but with a 7" 602, the coho at least has to question whether to hit it or not. Were you running chovies?

Heading that way also tonight with Yote.
182 Malibou/ 130 Honda

Say hey if you see us.

Coho and hali should be good. Hoping to fish springs at the bank also.

Tips

I heard from a buddy of mine that lots of 20 pound springs around the banks right now too...should be good, of course lot's of hali's too. Boat's name The Bob'n Mona say hi if you're up our way. We will be heading up tonight and sleeping in the boat on it's trailer over by the old log sort.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the info. I have only took off from the marina. I have get fuel before I leave so the first morning may have to use the marina. The tides look low early so it might be an early start.
whats the procedure to use the Reserve launch?

MJ

quote:Originally posted by rmj002

Thanks for the info. I have only took off from the marina. I have get fuel before I leave so the first morning may have to use the marina. The tides look low early so it might be an early start.
whats the procedure to use the Reserve launch?

MJ

They have a little box that you put the money and your launch slip in, in the event they have the slips there. Otherwise, you are better off to get gas on your way, they won't sell it at the marina before 8ish. Otherwise, piece of cake, just like any old non-paved boat launch.

Just rollin in from Renfrew, yup tides are a issue this weeekend getting out...Had to be on the move by 5 to make it out, we were glad we did:D Great conditions....sunny, smooth seas and almost no fog. Hit the Ranch first thing and couldnt keep the spreaders on bottom for more that 5 minutes without a smack...Seemed like everyone was buckled over, double and triple headers. Lots of small ones but a few decent ones up to 40lbs..Limited out rather quickly, and tossed out the trolling gear..Plugs and big spoons were the ticket at 80 feet for the bottom rods and small spoons on light spinning gear for the top 25...Ended picking up a 22, 18, and a couple around 12...The spinning rods popping every 5 minutes seemed to pass the time waiting for the springs to hit below..Finished the day off rubbing the beach at Logan just before high tided and nothing doing on the inside for us:D

We'll be there Wednesday, Thursday Friday, Last Chance. 17.5 ft Double Eagle "No Rigours", blue top. We'll tying up at the native marina--see you out there(along the shore, not the bank.)
T2

I will be going back up next Wednesday, will stop by and say hi.Be there for next three weeks or so depending on health of family members.

Back