quick insurance question

Which Inlet, Indian Arm? It was horrendous for debris last summer.

Hes hitting stuff every 5 years, that's pretty good. Only a matter of time until each of us hits a dead head, so much **** in these waters it's ridiculous.

Hes hitting stuff every 5 years, that's pretty good. Only a matter of time until each of us hits a dead head, so much **** in these waters it's ridiculous.
Albernie

Having been running in and out of the Fraser River for 10 years before I moved to the island, I've hit my share of Deadheads, more than I can count on both hands. Touch wood, no major damage over the years. I will say 100% of hits have been logging debris, never anything natural. It's time that logging companies shoulder some of the responsibility for the carnage they unleash on us, and the high insurance premiums they cause.

Having been running in and out of the Fraser River for 10 years before I moved to the island, I've hit my share of Deadheads, more than I can count on both hands. Touch wood, no major damage over the years. I will say 100% of hits have been logging debris, never anything natural. It's time that logging companies shoulder some of the responsibility for the carnage they unleash on us, and the high insurance premiums they cause.

The caretaker at rvyc was the woman who smoked the deadhead up at wigwam last August. She nearly died it was very fortunate someone saw the boat nearly sunk.

I spend a lot of time in the central Georgia Straits between Robert's Creek, Secret Cove and Texada. There has been a large increase in the number of log barges moving down the coast in recent years, and we are always wondering what happened to the beach combers who used to clean up after they lost logs in the load. The forestry industry definitely bears responsibility.

Remember when each gas bar had steel posts with orange CKNW flags for boaters to mark dead heads? Calling securite for one now is a waste of time. Best strategy I find is to be way out in the middle of the Strait away from shore and no more than 20 knots ideally, especially with big tides as debris moves a half km or so off the beaches. That speed gives enough time to adjust course I have found.

I know some guys out for the tuna shootout last sept and they smoked a big log 30 miles off shore. Boat is still being repaired.

Back