Port Renfrew

hiroshi

Is overnight anchorage good there? I'm thinking about staying there overnight while I head up to Ucluelet. If so, can anyone give me a good location. My boat is a 30 ft'er. Any help would be appreciated.

It's a BIG nicely protected bay as you can see on the chart. I've seen lots of people anchor on the west side (somewhat)near the shore to get protection from the West winds and swell. Most of them were 1/2 way or 3/4 of the way towards the mouth of the bay. Make a note that there is one giant rock in that area that is exposed on a low tide that you have to be wary of. You'll see it on the chart. Good luck!

Try the east side . You will see a small breakwater, all the big boats anchor there. Nice and protected.

Tournament Proven !

Oh...maybe the east side is the place to be! Never been over there as I always hug the West shore on the way out. Sounds like Skins knows a better area.

East side-west side--depends on where the wind is coming from. If it's the usual westerly, then yammy5 is right, the west side would be fine. However, if the wind switches to a southeast, it's a very poor anchorage and you are better off behind the breakwater on the east side.
T2

Back