Port Renfrew Fishing Trip

B

bobu

Well i finally had a successful charter experience. After being skunked with the last 5 charters i've been to(most of them in sunshine coast that's probably why), i went out with Kelly of www.lastchancefishingadventures.com on friday and it was a blast. 5 of us left the dock at 5am, went out for some salmon. Got one pretty quickly but as we just saw the head, my reel went nuts. Turned out to be a hungry seal. Seeing that the other boats didn't really get anything, we headed out to swiftsure. Once we got there, action immediately began. Started out with 2 lings, then the hali's came. With the help of a "magic carpet", we ended up with 4 lings and 12 hali's all in about 2 hours of time. Standard sized hali's ranging from about 10-25lbs with majority leaning towards 15lbs. Went for some salmon again at the beach but got skunked. Apparently the place turned on just as we left as it was time to go home. Went to get our crab traps and got 10 nice keepers. 1 got away as we pulled the trap up. Pulled in the marina where Kelly spent another hour or so fileting our catch. Fish and chips for a year! Anyways we'd just like to thank Kelly for the wonderful time and we will be back! Maybe even later this summer for some coho fun.

+1
was out with Kelly the day before (thursday)
was packaging fish for 2 nights. Love how that boat handles the rough stuff.

a total MILF.Man I Love Fishing

Hahah yeah, we had 4 of us afterwards packing fish for about 4 hours trying to figure out how to get things home. We ended up having to buy another cooler =)

Back