Port McNeill Area

Sounds pretty quite up there? Is thier no fish looking to head up on sunday. Any info would be appreciated.
John:)

Fire-Ex

Was out yesterday, boated two springs, lost another couple and took home two pinks and a sockeye as well.

There is fish around, but you have to work for them. the socks are there, but they bite at strange times and depths. Caught the one yesterday at 90' with a anchovie.

The coho are around as well, but mostly wild.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Thanks for the info. Will be up thier today and tomorrow. I have a friend that lives up in that area and he says that there are alot of fish there now. So he is going to give me the areas, when I get back I'll let post.;)

Fire-Ex

Was out today as the wife and a friend of hers wanted to get some socks.

It was a great morning, left the dock at 6:30, and was into steady fishing for most of the morning.

Ended up with 10 fish, 3 springs. 32, 26, 16, 6 socks and a pink.

The friends first spring...and tyee
Lisas32.jpg

The girls and the results
Thegirls.jpg

The best thing was all were on a pink squirt.

There is still fish around, although the socks seemed to have slowed down a little.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

We were up there June 10th - 15th and fishing was slow. A few guys I talked to said the fish were late due to the cold spring. We did manage a couple of small Hali's and 1 14lb spring. A buddy and I are heading to Alder Bay July 22nd weekend. Should be better now and only get better as the month goes on.

Cheers, Rob

Pretty slow guys, the odd day with fish, but not like usual. The fish are scattered and sometime you hit them, sometimes you don't. Seems there is a first light bite and then a lot of searching. Find the feed and you will find the odd fish.

This Port McNeill resident is heading to the westcoast or north this weekend just to catch some fish as it is a hit or miss here....of course it will turn on as soon as I say this.....:p

Good luck and post up how you did, maybe you can help improve the report.

Bring on the fish!!!!!!!

Cheers

SS

2 more sleeps and I will be heading up to Telegraph Cove. I spoke with the resort and they said there are lots of Springs and Coho coming in. They may say that no matter what as its in there best interest?

I rented a private cabin on Cracroft island call the Crabin Cabin its online if you google it. I will be gone for 5 days so I will let you know when I get back!!!

Any of you guy's going to be up at Alder Bay Resort next weekend the 22nd? I'll be there late Thursday to Monday tenting down by the water. No camper this time as it will give me a reason to get my a$$ out of bed instead. It can be hard to get up when in the bigfoot.... Lol
Cheers, Rob

JAC
Crabin Cabin looks like a nice place. Have you stayed there before? Are you going to launch your boat at Telegraph Cove and then take it to Cracroft, or are you going to use one of the boats at the Cabin? I would be interested in knowing how you liked the accommodations. I am always looking for a new place to stay that is closer to Cracroft and Flower Island.

I will be launching at Telegraph and taking my own boat over there. 225 a night and it has 3 bedrooms with 2 beds in each its hard to beat that. I have not been there before but I will let you know what its like when I return.

JAC

Back