Port McNeill Area

The wind has kept most people off the water. Still pretty hit and miss

Will be out Thursday to Monday w/the outlaws.

Talked to buddy today and for the last three days....one hit[:0]:(.

Fishing one place is as good as another right now.

Looks like some good weather and mild winds this weekend, but the tides suck, ebbs in the morning and evening.

Will be on 68, Putt Putt 2

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Halilogger

Your handle is Putt Putt Sitka:D

Thnxs Duffer

Hey as another member on here once told me...

A Happy Wife is a Happy Life........[:p];)

So the name is the same as my last boat, but with a II behind it.

She named them both.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Fished Friday eve, Sat am, and Sunday am off Donagel Head, up to Lizard. One on the line, but none landed. other boats weren't having much luck either. Lots of boats out there. First trip I've ever returned from without fish in the cooler! And a broken motor to boot. Thank god for a reliable kicker!

Had the outlaws up on the weekend.

Fished Donegal Fri morning, hit a double header 22 and 16 right off the bat and then not a sniff the rest of the morning. Saw Halilogger and Beacon out there, both fishing hard in all the boats (~75). Nice boat Halilogger!!!! How did you guys make out???

First salmon for the mother-in-law, she played it like a pro!!
IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

The next morning, we went to the backside and fished Bere Pt. Picked up a 19 and 13, a couple smaller springs (released)plus a few pinks.

P1010007.jpg

Fished the same on Sun and hit 7 fish, one got cut off, 3 were sockeye and 3 were small teener springs.

Went out to the banks and picked up a 40 and 28 lbs ling, but no hali.

Fishing is still pretty hit or miss but if you scratch at it, you will get one or two. Lots of pinks around and the sockeye are here, which will make the opening even better on Thursday as the it looks like the main run has not come through yet.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Nice fish sitka, wife got up Fri evening, Hit the water a 5.45am, lines were wet at 6:10am. 6lbs Coho first 5 mins, go inside to make coffee another fish on, my wife goes out to grab the rod doesnt clear the step, falls and dislocates her shoulder, that was it for me Saturday.Had the ambulance meet us at alder bay where we were staying then went to emergency.
Sunday I fished with my son, picked up a 25lbs within 8 mins, a 14lbs 2 hours later, lost one a little later. We did have to work for them.
I could not find a Halibut, tried Stubbs donated some led to the led gods, tried top end of Malcolm , Mitchell Bay, George Banks, F@#$* ALL!! I think I cursed my self when I named my boat the Halilogger.[V]

Hey SS, great pictures, thanks. I love it when the biggest guy holds up the smallest fish, makes it look even smaller.......:D Heading out the the Kitty Coleman Hump as soon as my mom arrives from Qualicum.

SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

anyone use channel 68 when fishing around mcniel? I have some code names that some people use that would be very handy such as steve french, al foster, scotland and crogland

quote:Originally posted by smeegle

anyone use channel 68 when fishing around mcniel? I have some code names that some people use that would be very handy such as steve french, al foster, scotland and crogland

Send me a PM. Maybe I can use them........

Those boys do not use 68 any more so it is a lot quieter out there:D;)

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Striper Sniper

Hey SS, great pictures, thanks. I love it when the biggest guy holds up the smallest fish, makes it look even smaller.......:D Heading out the the Kitty Coleman Hump as soon as my mom arrives from Qualicum.

SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Yup my F-I-L is 6-5, 375, ex Footballer for the CFL back in the 70's. He makes all the fish look small!!!

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Halilogger

Nice fish sitka, wife got up Fri evening, Hit the water a 5.45am, lines were wet at 6:10am. 6lbs Coho first 5 mins, go inside to make coffee another fish on, my wife goes out to grab the rod doesnt clear the step, falls and dislocates her shoulder, that was it for me Saturday.Had the ambulance meet us at alder bay where we were staying then went to emergency.
Sunday I fished with my son, picked up a 25lbs within 8 mins, a 14lbs 2 hours later, lost one a little later. We did have to work for them.
I could not find a Halibut, tried Stubbs donated some led to the led gods, tried top end of Malcolm , Mitchell Bay, George Banks, F@#$* ALL!! I think I cursed my self when I named my boat the Halilogger.[V]

Hallilogger

I hope your Wife is healing well!!! That sucks!!!

Sounds like you had an OK considering there is few fish around. For Hali, next time try right in front of the Hardy Airport down to Cluxewe River. They move in there when the pinks are around.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

yea the sunds lodge boats use these names as well as a couple other locals to avoid the tourist ears you want them?

quote:Originally posted by smeegle

yea the sunds lodge boats use these names as well as a couple other locals to avoid the tourist ears you want them?

Sure

PM me with them.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Hallilogger-any signs of sockeye showing in doublebay yet? My records indicate a good trip for socks on 16,17th back in 2006. Would sure like to do one trip on socks in your area this year.Would sure appreciate a heads up.

Sockeye are travellers. Many of them come in waves past Malcolm (out a ways), then they begin to funnel from Blackfish Sound (Double Bay) through Blackney Pass and across to the VI shore where many pile up in Robson Bight waiting for the tide. After that they travel right up against the island shore until down by Chatham Point/Nodales where they kind of spread out again.
If they aren't at Double Bay, look farther south.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCF08EzJTjc

Got back from up there yesterday. Not many people were getting into Sockeyes. Lots of Pinks, some Coho (mostly wild) and some springs coming in. Hali and bottom fishing was OK, but you had to work for them.

Back