Port Hardy

john

Coming to Port Hardy August 13-24. This makes the 12th year for our family. Look forward to it every year. Just wondering if anyone could share a little info about halibut spots. We know the area pretty good but halibut has just eluded us the last 5 years. probably won't be bottom fishing until the 20-24 (good tides). Also how is the salmon fishing going. Judging by the posts the usual spots (Duval, Gordons and Castle seem to be producing). Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated. Staying at Quatse River Campground. Cheers and good fishing.

Today the fishing was real slow for Springs at Duval. It was hard to get to them as there were TONNES of little Jack Springs and small pinks biting. Lost a 50lbs+ (I honestly think it had to be over 60) there yesterday, dumbass ran over our line. We counted 56 boats there today, so it is just too crowded. Fishing last week has really cooled off for Springs it seems. West Coast is excellent option if you have a big enough boat for it, limiting out on Springs and Coho everytime we go out, plus last 2 days out we have caught 2 over 40lbs and a 51lbers too!

David
Serengeti Fishing Charters

Thanks for the info. I have a 20 foot explorer and have been to the west coast a few times. Prefer to have a buddy boat when i go to the west side. Just a prairie boy here with common sense in unfamiliar waters. Have been to the area by the lighthouse before and enjoyed great fishing. Have taken the long run out to get there, and was wondering if there is a better way by road. Anyway, enjoy reading your updates. Cheers!

quote:Originally posted by SerengetiGuide

West Coast is excellent option if you have a big enough boat for it

David
Serengeti Fishing Charters

Can you tell me what weather area to listen for on the weather radio for the west side out of Coal Harbor? I have to pick my weather days.

Back