Port Hardy

Saltwater Cowboy

Last year this time Bij Joe was reporting that the salmon fishing was phenomonal! Ahs the same thing started to happen yet? Any reports for the Duval Pt/Castle Point etc.. area? Heading up in a couple weeks on the 18th for 4 days and I'm hoping the springs are in as we already had a great hali trip, need a great salmon trip to get the excitement level back up as bottom fishing is boring but fun in it's own way! Thanks for all the help!

PS The fishng has been great off Hornby Island for some springs to 26lbs!

SWC

SWC
I'll give you a report on the 14th I'm going up Monday for a few days. I'll check all the spots, Hopefully it's good.
I'm wondring if those springs your getting off Hornby are the same school that went though Campbell River last week. Should be in Nanaimo in few more days.

Just got back from Hardy a couple of days ago. Fishing was slow with few boat going out. The lady at the dock said that she hasn't seen many butts coming in and salmon was the same. We did OK on snappers and lings but only hooked 2 small halis. They went straight back to the water...

Well the guide season is well on the way and the fishing over the last few days has been smoking hot for this time of year.
The salmon aren't to thick yet of course but the hali fishing has been great.
we got two springs on monday...17 and 22.
The season is pretty booked up but I've got the july long weekend available due to a cancellation if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the update Richmake, keeep em coming looking forward to a great trip and some fun at the Quatse campground hope it doesn't rain!

SWC

SWC, where do you leave your boat when you camp in Pt. Hardy? Or do you launch each day? I'm trying to choose between there and Alder Bay for July 8th-13th. Thanks.

Hey tubber, We keep the boat in the water down at the Quarter Deck Marina, very reasonable price and feels secure for leaving gear on board, although I was always take my islanders with me! It's just a few mins from Quatse campground and has cleaning tables, restaurant, store etc.. So a great fit but it might be booked in July so I'd phone ASAP!

SWC

SWC
We postponed the trip a week due to the weather we're going up on the 18th as well might troll by you out there.

Any reports from anyone for the area?

Back