Polier this weekend

• Thread starter Thread starter die_hard
  • Start date Start date
D

die_hard

Heading to Polier on Sunday, (weather permitting). Any prawning reports in the last couple days. I know it was good before the commercial guys opened up. Just wondering if it is still good.

Also wondering where to drop the traps on the East side of Galiano. Would really appreciate if some one was willing to share advise.

Planning to do a little winter spring trolling while waiting for the traps.

Thanks in advance
Die Hard

I think fishing has been really dead out there the past couple weeks. Let us know how you make out.
As for prawning, I often see commercial lines on the first major dropoff off Galliano, where it goes from 150 down to 300'. Just check your chart.
Tight lines and heavy traps

I think fishing has been really dead out there the past couple weeks. Let us know how you make out.
As for prawning, I often see commercial lines on the first major dropoff off Galliano, where it goes from 150 down to 300'. Just check your chart.
Tight lines and heavy traps

Im heading out Sunday, gonna try prawning for a bit, last time i went out there i only got maybe 20 prawns and the bait jars were full of those little white critters. I might have been a little deep, about 280'. Good luck, probably see you out there.

Im heading out Sunday, gonna try prawning for a bit, last time i went out there i only got maybe 20 prawns and the bait jars were full of those little white critters. I might have been a little deep, about 280'. Good luck, probably see you out there.

weve got a commercial string down by porlier right now. Just one string though. It hit well yesterday, about 140 pounds from the 50 traps. Most of the bugs are hangin out around 35 fathoms. Good luck.

weve got a commercial string down by porlier right now. Just one string though. It hit well yesterday, about 140 pounds from the 50 traps. Most of the bugs are hangin out around 35 fathoms. Good luck.

Good luck to you! At least the weather should be good.
White bugs? I usually fish my traps at 280'. never seen anything but prawns and squats.

Good luck to you! At least the weather should be good.
White bugs? I usually fish my traps at 280'. never seen anything but prawns and squats.

Back