Parker Boats

Sculpin

Here I am one of the biggest supporters of aluminum boats going asking about a glass boat[:eek:)].

Does anyone on here own a Parker?

I'm looking seriously at at Parker 2820 XL sport fishing machine. I have looked long and hard for something like this in aluminum and can't find it.

I have browsed the Classic Parker forum etc. Searched BD's site. I really like this boat for some reason. I mostly fish and I am not looking for comfort. I love the bare bones aspect of the Parkers as they are most commercial looking glass boat. I love the HUGE deck space of the 28' model as well.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

There very nice boats and i know they have quite a reputation out east - i was looking at getting a 2120.
I think the common census on them is: built like a tank, everything you need but nothing you dont (pretty basic boat&design), very heavy weight wise, and a bouncy ride in sloppy stuff.
look on boattrader theres lots on there with pictures and come good deals - would really look at getting the max hp. on the boat you can find. I love the layouts and lines of the boats - lots of them also have the 2nd steering station which is great right and a tons of options you can add on if desired.

nedarb2,
You state and I quote,
"very heavy weight wise, and a bouncy ride in sloppy stuff."

I always thought a heavy boat gives you a better ride than a light boat in sloppy water.[?]

Hey Sculpin,

I met California fisherman Bob Franko up in Tahsis in 97. He is the founder of Coastside Fishing Club. He ran a 2320 Parker "Fishin Machine" for Coastside up in Tahsis for a few years. I think he has run a larger Parker as well, off San fransisco . He took the 2320 offshore of Esperanza all Spring and Summmer in 97 and the boat did very well. I liked it except for the very small cabin space on the 23. Bob Franko loves to chat fishing so I am sure he'd be happy to give you his opinion of the Parker. I don't have contact info except that he is on the Board of Directors for the club www.coastsidefishingclub.com

photo I took of the Parker 2320 in Aug 1997 at Westview Marina in Tahsis ( He's the fellow at the helm. The fellow standing is a coastside member)

IMG_0042rsbobf.jpg

If you're interested I have 27" Lifetimer for sale. The boat is located in Courtenay PM me and I can send pictures and details. Good luck with your boat search.

Back