O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

nice fish....
but i really wonder why so many guys dont clean their fish asap or at least gill them and bleed them ...
after rigor all that blood is like set glue inside the meat.
At the very least they should be immediately bled after dispatching them. The cardiac nerve continues to keep the heart pumping and they will pump all the blood out. Gilling is the next most important step, but you are correct hook, they should be cleaned and on ice as soon as possible after killing them

Permitting that there is not too hot of a bite on generally I will gut and gill my fish as soon as possible . looks like Scalper was into a pretty good bite and by the looks of the gills they were at least bled.

Lol ya there all bled right away I just rip there gills and let em bleed out , and usual glow spoons were all working thrasher to grande

I was out at thrasher on Monday brought 5 springs to the boat kept two bearly legals and released the rest as they where just undersized. Caught on kitchen sink and irish creme spoons down between 140 and 160 ft mostly in 800ft of water off thrasher rock. I was little disapointed by the size of the fish, but I will give it another go tommorow afternoon. Current was pretty strong which made turning into to the current diffcult for a solo fisher. Unforuntely some Ahole decided to help me out and check my crab traps for me, still manged 4 crabs but there must have been more based on the amount of bait that was missing. Left the traps as he probly didn't like my cheepo traps.

Just got a call from a friend out at thrasher this morning , a 25 and a 27 so far out deep of thrasher , running Apex's naked . Hopefully good signs of a push of larger fish coming through.

We fished Sunday to Tuesday with great action, possession limit for three, springs and lings. Tuesday was the best day with all high teener and a few over twenty. Had a seal grab the last fish which was to complete the day. After a lengthy game of back and forth we actually netted the spring. It was in fantastic shape still, the spring must have been thinking " really are you kidding me, I spend a half hour fighting this seal only to be scooped up in a net to have my throat slit open, come on. Point is the fish seemed bigger as if Tuesday. Anchovy and green spatter back hootchy were getting the bigger ones, cookies and cream did well also.156 and 136 out in 400 to 600 worked great in between the light station and tug. Awsome fishing right now. Seems like the new scotty high powers with cable as opposed to braid have upped the fishy ness of the old Solowey.

Had lines down at about 3:00 yesterday afternoon in the Trasher Area and fished through the tide change until about 7:00. Not even a snif, tried all the usual depts, spoons, even bait, nothing... Saw one guy net a small fish which I am pretty sure was undersized, sad to say the bonker came out. Crabbing was great 11 big keepers!

Capt

Tough current today out at Thrasher. Kept a 16lb spring that managed to spool me. I thought I was done with him, fishing solo, but threw it in neutral and handlined in some line to get something on the reel. Had a few smaller guys to the boat as well on Anchovies and Green Splatterback Hootchies 100-140 on tbe rigger.

Was at thrasher from 9:00 to noon today. We landed a 12lb'er and lost 3 - one was a great fight. All using anchovies at 140 to 180 out a few km's in ~1250 ft of water.

Was there yesterday, put the lines down around 3 and managed only an undersized spring on a green splatterback. Like fishwhenican said, the current was pretty strong.

Didn't look like much action was happening in boats around me. Wondering if anyone had luck yesterday afternoon.

Was there yesterday, put the lines down around 3 and managed only an undersized spring on a green splatterback. Like fishwhenican said, the current was pretty strong.

Didn't look like much action was happening in boats around me. Wondering if anyone had luck yesterday afternoon.

We were there and ya the current sucked for a few hours there. We got into 5 or 6 under ten pounds. Lost one screamer unfortunately but it was a decent day.

Most action on anchovies with one hit on the irish cream spoon also. 95-135 feet on the rigger. We fished offshore, near the reef and also over in tight by grande. Got a few hits in each place.

Headed over to Thrasher yesterday with CaptainPartyMarty and his crew-hit a bit of a snag trying to find gas @ Silva Bay but after that we managed a solid day's fishing only killed one about 12# but released at least 4 others and too many P-Cod to count all on the Captain's side!

My spreader bar rig managed to make a good impression-after some initial skepticism on the Captain's part he admitted it does work-used a mini Jughead and green/white hootchie as a chaser.

If anyone has any reports from the Hump this week I'd love to hear them. :D

We'll be heading over with a bunch of boats on Friday and spending 2 nights in Silva, one night at Tugboat (RVYC) and then Saturday night at Silva Bay Marina. May hit the Hump on the way over to see if it will cough up something for dinner on Friday night. Will be fishing Thrasher/ Porlier on Sat/Sun.

Fished Thrasher today for a few hours 1-4pm. 1 teenager lost, that was the only hit.

Out on Epsom pt tonight. Cpl of little ones, saw several keepers caught. Dragged up an old rouge crab trap covered in flashers and teaser heads, muscles and sea slugs!! Took 40 mins to bring to the surface and cut free from my riggers!! Wonder how long people have been snagging that mess! Lol!!
!

Back