Nootka Report

Email sent Charlie. And again, lots of coconuts this afternoon, no springs. Off to the corner tomorrow, report again tomorrow about this time.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

you call them hoes there? Thats better than coconut,aka yo yo's.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!
Check your email... and hope to see a Tyee reported tomorrow! :D

Wow... I just checked the moon & tides?
2009-07-11 03:23 PDT 11.33 feet High Tide
83% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated

Looks like another very early morning for you! [:0]

Hi Holmes, I cant't believe my luck. I'm coming out on the 16th and it's rib night. How about that.

Let me know if you need anything when I come up. I'll be guiding for Johnny for three days but will stop for ribs thursday.

So, anyone got an actual fishing report from the last couple of days?

I'll be heading out on Tuesday (14th). Again, it looks like a windy day :( If anyone has some ideas on how to hide from the wind AND catch some fish, I'm all ears!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Hey Jim, There was actually a few springs picked up today. Some at ferrer, some offshore, Halis continue to be good too. There was some springs at Bajo today as well, all and all nothing hot, but Id guess this may be the start. Well see what happens tomorrow.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

Hey Jim, There was actually a few springs picked up today. Some at ferrer, some offshore, Halis continue to be good too. There was some springs at Bajo today as well, all and all nothing hot, but Id guess this may be the start. Well see what happens tomorrow.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Dave:

Sounds good. Are you working out of Tahsis now? Which side you fishing in - Nootka or Esperanza?

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Holmes, no problem with that coho. Got my limit anyway that day. We had a great week at Critter Cove as usual. Please pass along my thanks to the crew up there. Keep us up to date on whats going on. I here Nootka was hot last night.

Matador

Headed up Friday for a week. Can't wait.

I see posts and reports of tons of cohos everywhere. Question, are these fishing being caught on the inside too? Makes you wonder what September will be like. Nice by catch if that the case. Should come home with lots of fish then.

I'll give you a shout when at the dock Holmes.

lots of coconuts at the lighthouse, also springs moving in, lastnight at the reef we landed 5 in the mid to high 20's, also as many coho as we could bear.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Will be up in the area in 9 days. 5 boats and 16 crew should make a great fishing competition and memorable trip. I will be in to pay a visit Holmes! Looking forward to the excellent fishing to come!

Reel Chaos

Just got back from a day out of Esperanza and the Highway.

Picked up some nice Coho by Low Rock, tried a couple of places off Tatchu for Halibut with no joy - couple of hits, not hookups, a couple of dogfish :(

Couldn't buy a Halibut today, so switch over to trolling and worked our way through a bunch of wild Coho to pick up a nice 30.35 lb Tyee - right on the surface, 12 to 15 feet behind the boat!

While clearing lines of Coho, handed a rod with a watermellon Coyote spoon on it to guest Jerry Phillips from Idaho. While holding it, the big slab hit the spoon on the surface, rolled with a big splash and made a solid run away from the boat as everyone gasped :D :D :D

DSC_5046-Jerry-tyee.jpg

Tried a couple more Hali spots and picked up a Quillback Rockfish and a nice Cabazon, then headed home.

DSC_5100-jerry-jack-tyee.jpg

Water and wind was a little lumpy, but easy to fish. All in all, a great day inspite of the slow start.

DSC_5085-2009-july14-phillips_group.jpg

Also picked up one Pink Salmon.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Hey Jim , I won't bother calling you as I see your report on Esperanza here on the Nootka Thread. Is it just me or does it look like better Spring catches in/off Nootka area as compared to up at Esperanza ??

quote:Originally posted by Peahead

Hey Jim , I won't bother calling you as I see your report on Esperanza here on the Nootka Thread. Is it just me or does it look like better Spring catches in/off Nootka area as compared to up at Esperanza ??

I would agree that it LOOKS that way. But one thing to keep in mind is that there are more people here reporting from the Nootka Sound area than there are from Esperanza Inlet. Could stack the numbers a bit.

Sure is lots of Coho around right now. [8D]

New YouTube video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vE04OtHTF4&feature=channel_page See the Tyee being caught :D

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Aren't the outer beaches closed to larger chinook now. If so, why fish the light house?

holmes, seen you say that your catching lots of halis, what the secret to catching them. Have been up there for the past 4 years and have only gotten 4 or 5. Would love to know the secrets. I've heard rumor to just troll on the bottom in from of Ferrier. What rigging works good there? Whats also working for salmon, going to bring lots of spoons if the silvers are there so any hints on colors

Back