5220_96896779535_693244535_1847451_5777757_n.jpg

The last few mornings look like this

5220_96899874535_693244535_1847462_5000385_n.jpg

The two boats I charter on

5220_96899889535_693244535_1847464_6512442_n.jpg

My 30' office / summer home / 6 pack charter boat

5220_96896769535_693244535_1847450_352629_n.jpg
[/img]

BTW You are not required to stay at the lodge I am also doing daily charters for up to 6 people with some dates still available can pic up from most locations in Nootka Sound

Nootka Marine Adventures

WHERE THE OCEAN IS OUR PLAYGROUND

Charter Packages or Bring Your Own Boat
www.goldriverfishinglodge.com

Camping/Chalets/Boat Launch/New Marina/Fuel
www.moutchabay.com

Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

Headed out to the Nootka Lighthouse today. Had a double header of Coho within 5 minutes of putting the lines down. All action today on Franko Bullet Rotators (Anchovy Teaser heads) behind green stripe flashers.

We ended up with 6 Coho and one small 50 cm Chinook, and two small Lingcod. We also released about 4 smaller Coho.

All action was from about 7 AM to 11 AM.

We ran up to San Carlos Point and trolled the area down to Beer Can Bay, with only a big dogfish for our effort.

Headed home early and had dinner - hope to be in Esperanza Inlet on Saturday morning.

See you all on the water.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Booked a campsite in Moutcha Bay for Aug 4-6. My boat is only suitable for the inside. Would love to pay for bait and more than my share of fuel if anyone is looking for an offshore halibut partner one morning. I can hold my own with a deck brush and filet knife and have my own gear. A charter is probably out of my price range.

my first charter is on the 9th, im a little concerned about the full moon. Id appreciate any reports.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Isl fish lifter, full moon BAD!!!!!!!!

The best thing you can do is be in the water first light or before. The salmon will be fedding thru the night so you have an hour or so first light. You have a 15:26 high tide so that could work out to be the best chance until the last hour of light. The salmon will be feeding on squid thru the night so try and copy that pattern.

Good luck!

I heading there today, I may stop in for lunch and meet you Holmes. Thanks for all the reports. Is it blowing southeast today?

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Any fresh reports? we are heading up thursday first light till Sunday. Staying at Critter Cove so drop by and say hi if your up there. we are in a 21 ft Grady White that still has the Ohio reg# on it as I'm too lazy to change it!! Thanks in advance!!

SWC

Brook

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Hey Bill, lookin forward to seeing you this year. I had a development this afternoon and decided to leave tomorrow instead, see you guys there.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

I will be heading to Critter in alittle over a week and I have heard of this fishing highway. Does anyone know what the fishing is like out that way? How far offshore do I need to go? I have a 21 foot Trophy and if the weather is good is this boat ok to head out there? Also should I bring my Crab and Prawn traps out that way?

Thanks
JAC

JAC,

Keep an eye on the weather, get back inside early. have seen very few days its good to be outside in a 21 foot boat (same as me) much past 1. 12-1 is kind of my pull-er-up time (noon when I have the family with me). Will be up at Critter the 14th through the 18th with the family. I am sure the weather reports will be available, but caution is needed outside.

The highway is the 250 foot line... some like 300, some like 250... you will get out past the red can marking the outside of Bajo reef, and just keep going a while. There will be other boats out there, but dont think you need to be near them... I usually start a mile or so away from the boats (just for courtesy to others), and its just AWSOME to be out there. If you arent catching fish, drop the lines down deeper until you start hooking up. with the southerly wind, you can usually troll north, with the kicker barely going, and have the wind at your back, making for a good troll.

See you all in 7 days! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

im here in tahsis, its 4:30am and Im just waiting for my first charter. probably gonna hit ferrer. Ill post details if its good.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Thanks IF lifter, good luck with your first charter and looking forward to your report. I'm heading up next Thursday to Tahsis, can't wait to wet the lines out there.[:p]

Just got back, many coho, minimal springs. The highway seems to be the place to get springs. We got an 88 lb hali too. Body count: limit of coho (many times over), two springs high teens, one hali.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

lots of coconuts again today..

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!
Drop me an email, and I will send you a present that you will really enjoy reading?

Back