Mono Leaders Vs Florocarbon Leaders

AMEN !!!! đŸ¤£
It’s interesting that the Fluorocarbon abrasion-resistance urban myth grew so big and took in so many people and made them reach for their wallets and spend their hard earned money on a line that’s almost double the price of tried-and-true mono.

Nothing like a myth-buster to step in and sober people up to the fact that hype walks softly and carries a sharp gaff

I would say that floracarbon stands up much better then mono when running a stinger hooks... the back hooks wont break off as fast as any mono...that being said just as Sharphooks I have moved over to a braid for my anchovy leader hooks....20220922_083840.jpg20220922_085415.jpg

Last edited:
I would say that floracarbon stands up much better then mono when running a stinger hooks... the back hooks wont break off as fast and any mono...that being said just as Sharphooks as I have moved over to a braid for my anchovy leader hooks....View attachment 85479View attachment 85480
Deryk this is unreal, i never stop learning from you guys with a the long years of fishing experience, taking little bits from everyone..

I would say that floracarbon stands up much better then mono when running a stinger hooks... the back hooks wont break off as fast as any mono...that being said just as Sharphooks I have moved over to a braid for my anchovy leader hooks....View attachment 85479View attachment 85480
Interesting, do you use mono for the rest of the leader and tie on the lead hook with a normal clinch knot to the eye? Do you find the red braid makes a difference as an attractant?

Deryk this is unreal, i never stop learning from you guys with a the long years of fishing experience, taking little bits from everyone..
trev from non bananas showed me this.. so much easier for a re-tie. good share slip-knott

trev from non bananas showed me this.. so much easier for a re-tie. good share slip-knott
That's exactly what came to mind... way faster for re sets and a organized way of holding multiple tie ups, game changer..
I've seen some of the out of the box thinking tie ups that guy does always surprises me, just never know it all.. how many lb braid are you guys using

I would say that floracarbon stands up much better then mono when running a stinger hooks... the back hooks wont break off as fast as any mono...that being said just as Sharphooks I have moved over to a braid for my anchovy leader hooks....View attachment 85479View attachment 85480
I've been running braid on my stinger since 2012 when I helped out at Sunds. All the guides did as it a game changer for sure. Until the really big ones take the whole anchovy head and all and bite thru the leader. Happened twice this year once with mono and once with fluro

I've been running braid on my stinger since 2012 when I helped out at Sunds. All the guides did as it a game changer for sure. Until the really big ones take the whole anchovy head and all and bite thru the leader. Happened twice this year once with mono and once with fluro
In that case why not tie up a whole leader with it? Or a 6" tag you could clip to? Not that I would do this.

General I use 80lb Braid.. dont really think colour matters.... I did go back to mono this year but foung it was good for 1 fish maybe 2 then had to move over to tieing a braid hk up on... Been using the super star Floracarbon and it has been great...

Attachments

• 20220923_105306.jpg
    20220923_105306.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220923_132143.jpg
    20220923_132143.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 69
Back