Marked Gas

CiscoCat

Is there any place around that has marked gas on land? 1000L fills this summer will get expensive. I think its worth the time to trailer my boat to find the cheaper stuff.

Has marked gas gone to premium now? I called Buckley Bay petro can and the lady made that comment to me when I asked about marine gas. Thought marine was mid grade but maybe things have changed.

Has marked gas gone to premium now? I called Buckley Bay petro can and the lady made that comment to me when I asked about marine gas. Thought marine was mid grade but maybe things have changed.
I thought marine gas has always been premium? Marked marine gas here Is $1.29 a litre as opposed to premium at $1.49ltr

I thought marine gas has always been premium? Marked marine gas here Is $1.29 a litre as opposed to premium at $1.49ltr
Where I buy my gas, premium is the only gas that does not have any ethenal in it.
Mid grade and regular may have up to 5% ethenal.
So if your pump for Marked (Marine) gas says it may have ethenal in it, it is not premium.

I think Co-op, at least on the island has switched to premium for marked marine fuel. It is my understanding that they did that because they couldn’t guarantee there was no ethanol in the mid grade marked fuel. At least here, mid island there is only a cent or two between regular gas and marked premium.

Oly

where do you live? It's a lot more than that here in Nanaimo
East of Kelowna. Don’t know today’s price but that was 10 days ago when I filled up the boat last.

East of Kelowna. Don’t know today’s price but that was 10 days ago when I filled up the boat last.
BY the time the smoke clears (tax) here on the North Island the price is between $1.77 and $1.91

Just paid 1.97 for premium at chevron, don’t like what the corn in the gas does to small carb, ask @Rain City how much of a pain it is lol

BY the time the smoke clears (tax) here on the North Island the price is between $1.77 and $1.91
Ouch! About $7.50 a gallon. There’s going to be an even bigger market for 18’ to 21’ boats coming up. This is an interesting read about the ethanol content In esso fuels. Next tank I’ll fill with mid grade and report bank.

Forgot to paste the link:

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what’s up with the ethanol content? The owners manual for my Mercury’s says it’s fuel requirements were 87 octane and max 10% ethanol.

Out of curiosity, what’s up with the ethanol content? The owners manual for my Mercury’s says it’s fuel requirements were 87 octane and max 10% ethanol.
It just gum up when it sits, I think it’s fine when you burn it , just don’t let it sit in small engines. If I could run premium in my Honda I would, PRM only sells mid grade, I put 2 cans of sea foam with every 170litre of fuel, seams to do the job. I seen first hand how bad ethanol gums up in carbs, I own 20 plus small engines and do maintenance on all of them, stopped using anything with corn in my small engines 5 years ago and engines last way longer before having to dick around with carb and fuel systems

It just gum up when it sits, I think it’s fine when you burn it , just don’t let it sit in small engines. If I could run premium in my Honda I would, PRM only sells mid grade, I put 2 cans of sea foam with every 170litre of fuel, seams to do the job. I seen first hand how bad ethanol gums up in carbs, I own 20 plus small engines and do maintenance on all of them, stopped using anything with corn in my small engines 5 years ago and engines last way longer before having to dick around with carb and fuel systems
Thanks for the explanation

Back