March derby- Barclay Sound.

yea, the son and I will be sleepin on boat, maybe stay at a buddys cabin in kildonan. Like to fish austin/ cree, may drop the anchor there one night.

"Boats name is Fin-Nished. Not on there yet mind you..."

unFin-Nished for now.

Any other accomodation available near by [?]

8 more sleeps and then we're off. For other accomodation out that way have you tried some of the lodges in Bamfield? Mills Landing has nice kitchen units and you can tie up at the government wharf. Not sure if they are open over winter, but give them a try. Imperial Eagle or Tyee Lodge also. Person needs a warm dry place if the weather turns for the worse.

We're staying at Mills Landing.

Great spot.

I'm so excited to use my new $200 spark plugs...

And shake hands with a few smileys...

$200 spark plugs, hate to ask how much the rest of the motor is worth.

What kind of plugs are worth that much?

Does anyone want to guess the weight of the winning fish???
In past years, what weight took top prize?

Lance

I have heard that a winning fish in 20's was caught in the March Derby in the past.

I guess this March Derby would have a winning fish in high teens.

Good luck winterchinook fishing!

ill be happy with anything in the teens.im leaving wednesday afternoon so i hope to find them early.grace and i will be in a blue with white hull 22 double eagle

lance

If memory serves me correctly, the winner last year was about 23 lbs and that was the biggest fish in several years. They must grow them bigger on the other side. Isn't Harrisons Lodge up the inlet from Toquart?

Only 4 more sleeps.

See you up there Lance. Sounds like you better bring some tarps from the weather reports we're hearing over here. Get those fish scoped out.

If memory serves me correctly, the winner last year was about 23 lbs and that was the biggest fish in several years. They must grow them bigger on the other side. Isn't Harrisons Lodge up the inlet from Toquart?

Only 4 more sleeps.

See you up there Lance. Sounds like you better bring some tarps from the weather reports we're hearing over here. Get those fish scoped out.

Oh the weather for Friday indeed looks delightful...

Some change ups to the boating regime, but still going to be out there.

Last years winner of this derby was 16. something.

cs
Tara from harrisons cove lodge emailed me the other day from Calgary. She wants to hire me and my boat for part of the season, or at least talk to me about it. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? Do they pay a decent rate? Do they have any west coast lodging experience?
Osama, are you still going to be at clutisi on fri. morn? Id like to actually meet some of you guys.

Best to be launching earlier than later. If there is any wind at all its good to be past Namint before 1100. Can get **** there if it blows up. Only had one bad trip, 4ft slop thru there. Doesn't seem to matter what side you go on it is still in your face.

Two more sleeps. See you at the launch or around the campfire.

Cheers & good luck.

Back