Mama's itchin' for da winter springs

Hey dog have fun pulling up those 5 lbers from 200 feet of water.Kinda like playing a steely smolt on a 10 foot rod!!!

Hey Maddog heads up. Sorry about the previous post some bait chucking idiot has my password. Tight lines the real Luna

I have found in past years that I have caught bigger winters in Pedder but larger numbers at the bluffs and trailer park.

Anyone fishing Pedder lately?

Mad Dog, where did those fish come from?

This year to add a better fight to those winters I am going to try the smaller size flashers. Anyone tried these?

Tips

Wolf, he was talking about a hatchery spring I got off Campers at Renfrew in July this year. DFO letter tells me it was from Kalama Creek Hatchery, brood year 2000.

The fish was 10lb even which seems rather small to me for a 4.5/5 year old Chinook.

Bish thanks for clearing that up just another dfo fu$& up, but honestly dont you think it was a little WRONG when you saw that. especially the way dfo handles things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tips up this is what i use run a dummy flaser off of your ball 10 to 20 ft then go up 5 to 10 ft put your down rigger clip on on the rod use spoon, whole herring,strip cut plug, anchovie something that has its own action then put your lure 15 to 25 ft behind or whatever lenths you want to run, then its just you and the fish no flasher lots of fun nice thing also you dont tend to get a lot of crap fish too

Good luck Wolf

Yes Wolf, I don't believe it, which is why I've left messages for the DFO guy that wrote me, no call backs though.

Mabe i can shed a little light on your runt spring.Almost all of our wa.state fish are hatcheries.I live on the nooksack river,it used to have some very nice springs and silvers.These were wild fish,But when the river is netted almost year round, the wild boys all got netted out years ago except for the 12- 14 inch jacks and very small females who survive the nets.The chiefs will release anything under 2 lbs.[bless their hearts]The kalama is the same way.small brood stock.If that fish came out of the willamete river,ten miles south,it would be large,your'e typical 15-25 lbs. Oregon regulates there nets a lot tighter.Last year was the worst iv'e ever seen.The fisheries boys had emergency closures on the columbia.

thanks the runt

Back