Looking at new boats

Deal already pending with someone else. That was fast. Riverhunter i have to pay for all my fishing so my money goes to that and school.

Hi Kelly

I just got back last night with my new to me Campion 542 (18'), bought in Everett. I've been watching down south for about 6 months for walkaround cuddys, finally pulled the trigger on one.

From my watching, I'd say that you can get a boat 30-40% cheaper down there. EG a Trophy 1802 selling for $19k here can be got down there for $13k, if you watch and wait for a deal.

The border was not a hassle, just had to pay PST, GST, and $195 vehicle importing fee for trailer.

Best bet I found for searching was Seattle craigslist, 100s of new posts a day. Iboats.com, usedboats.com are good too. But what got me my boat was "Google Alerts" -- put in a keyword and it searches for new references and reports to you daily. Once you've narrowed down a model, it is a quick and easy way to keep up with the market.

Search trick #2: if you type following into google, you get all listings for Trophy 1802s on all craigslists:
site:craigslist.org(Trophy 1802) (US)
site:craigslist.ca(Trophy 1802) (Canada)

Good luck!

John

ps going to soon have a 15.5' Hourston for sale if anyone's interested...

Thanks john that is probaly the best way to go ill look into it. I did however hear of another boat for sale that looks good. Has anyone ever heard of olympic boats?

Thanks john that is probaly the best way to go ill look into it. I did however hear of another boat for sale that looks good. Has anyone ever heard of olympic boats?

Back