Lake Cowie Report

Whole in the Water

Since salmon fishing around Victoria is still so slow my buddies and I are heading up to Lake Cowichan this weekend.

Anybody out there have any reports on where and how deep the 'bows and cutties are right now?

Thanks for any good info.

300'-350' right in the mud..watch out for those sturgeon thou, they'll tear the side right off the boat if they grab hold. BOTTOMS UP!

They should start moving back into deeper water over the next few weeks if the sun continues. It is a transitional time on this lake. Lots of fish on top but alot of the big wary fish will start to move off into deeper water. Fish anywhere there is a substantial drop off. I fish from 75 -120 feet on the downrigger with great success. Most fish are larg and should be returned regardless of the regulations.

Well, just got from a weekend up at Honeymoon Bay. Fished Saturday for a coulpe hours in the morning and an hour in the late afternoon.
Three nice cutthroat.Smallest was around 18" and the other two were 24" and 26". Both were nice thick fish. All were released.
I would not say that it was on fire by anymeans, but solid as usual.
Fish were taken 60-100'

Back