Kamloops lake chinook

The other line

Heading out to Kamloops lake to try out for chinook in fresh water I’m used to fishing for these in the Chuck. How is the run so far size and abundance. What is the best time of the day Any info would be appreciated.
Tight lines

Early am start for sure first light Seems to be decentish up the river a bit in little shu but same setups as what you run in the salt. Spoons, hoochies flashers etc going to have to mess with leader lengths and usually speeds as well 2 -2.3 produce but slower does sometimes as well 1.5-1.8mph I don’t know how far down they hold in kamloops lake though prob sub 80’

Not sure about Kamloops but Mabel lk on the same water shed was on fire yesterday. 2 distinct bands of fish. One 20-40 feet and I couldn’t get a hookup for the life of me. Switched to the fish at 60’-120’ and was immedialy rewarded with some fish. Red flasher, pink/white hootchie with a 3’ leader. One hit on a green flasher with army truck hootchie.
Troll speed 2.4-2.8 mph

Not sure about Kamloops but Mabel lk on the same water shed was on fire yesterday. 2 distinct bands of fish. One 20-40 feet and I couldn’t get a hookup for the life of me. Switched to the fish at 60’-120’ and was immedialy rewarded with some fish. Red flasher, pink/white hootchie with a 3’ leader. One hit on a green flasher with army truck hootchie.
Troll speed 2.4-2.8 mph
was it a **** show out there clint? ive fished it before and its like a battle fisherie gong show..

was it a **** show out there clint? ive fished it before and its like a battle fisherie gong show..
Suprised there was only two other boats when we got there early in the AM. They came and went all day but never more than 3 or 4 of us. There was a couple hours when we were the only boat out there.

Word of warning, since they repaired the ramp at the Lumby end has a hook built into it so just where your boat should float off the trailer it starts to climb. 18’ are having a hard time launching. I had to slam on my brakes and shoot our boat off and then winch it back on and my trailers built for shallow water launching.

Not bad. Pretty sure I've seen it lower this time of year. I've talked to guys that have fished there for years. Never seen fishing this good.

Not bad. Pretty sure I've seen it lower this time of year. I've talked to guys that have fished there for years. Never seen fishing this good.
Huh that’s interesting. People are saying the same about Mabel. Haven’t seen so many fish in 20 years.

What are the fish like that far up the river and into the lake? When you catch them do they ever have food in their stomachs? Is the nature of the flesh any different?

What are the fish like that far up the river and into the lake? When you catch them do they ever have food in their stomachs? Is the nature of the flesh any different?
Firm still just starting to darken, no food usually in the stomachs that I’ve found

Attachments

• IMG_6207.jpeg
    IMG_6207.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6189.jpeg
    IMG_6189.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6206.jpeg
    IMG_6206.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 67
That's incredible, what a journey they endure
I remember one year when the salmon were late to show up here. Had a buddy living in Boston Bar call me and tell me they were moving through. A week to the day later I was standing on the Shuswap river bank and a school of springs came racing by. They were jumping out of the water like dolphins. Never saw anything like it before or since.

Back