Kamloops Lake

BobNewton

I was thinking of trying to fish Kamloops lake this weekend for the first time.

How is the fishing? Basic google searches show it holds some big trout and a variety of other species. But I don’t see much for recent posts of any kind on this lake.

Anyone fish it recently ? Worth a trip?

I took a look at the regs for Region 3 and Kamloops lake. Looks like we just need to stay clear of the closure near the Thompson.

I’ve never fished that lake but I did witness a 6 pound trout out of red lake and I’ve heard of bigger ones. There’s some good fishing up that way for sure

I’ve never fished that lake but I did witness a 6 pound trout out of red lake and I’ve heard of bigger ones. There’s some good fishing up that way for sure
Thanks!

that’s the strange part. Everyone says they think it’s awesome but have never fished it.

Only one way to find out.

Thanks!

that’s the strange part. Everyone says they think it’s awesome but have never fished it.

Only one way to find out.
The Chinook run will be in there as well so just be aware of that by catch as its not open till midish aug if I remember correctly.

The Chinook run will be in there as well so just be aware of that by catch as its not open till midish aug if I remember correctly.
Where can a guy find the legalities concerning “targeting”?

the setup used for other species would be similar.

I wouldn’t want to be accused of targeting a fish out of season.

Thanks, ive read that.

I guess my question is, if a guy is targeting trout is there anything to be aware of to be deemed "targeting" or "fishing" for salmon.

I was told, and have avoided the use of hoochies on Shuswap as an example. As it can be considered "targeting" salmon.

Maybe I'm not making any sense. I'm concerned about fishing a lake listed in your link during a closure. While targeting trout/kokes as an example.

By catch happens. I fish spoons a lot and caught a chinook on Shuswap fishing one of the areas I target trout in. Just don’t use a flasher and hootchie setup and I think you’ll be fine. I know some guys target the inflow with roe and catch some decent rainbows and bulls

By catch happens. I fish spoons a lot and caught a chinook on Shuswap fishing one of the areas I target trout in. Just don’t use a flasher and hootchie setup and I think you’ll be fine. I know some guys target the inflow with roe and catch some decent rainbows and bulls

makes sense.
I couldn’t find any written rules on it.
A small flasher/dodger with a hootchie obviously works well for kokes. But I’ll keep that combination out of those lakes.

As always. Thanks for the knowledge FisherDude!

Back