Ladies on the river.. where are you?

If there that small I would look at a boys youth wader.

I found with female waders the feet were extra small and with the mens they were to big. I was told its ok if there to big they will just conform to whatever the foot size is. Not sure I would believe that as it felt like it would bunch behind the ankle.

Also remember any alterations will void warranty so bother getting one brand over another because of a better warranty.

The owner of Nile Creek fly shop was telling me about a female fisher up there who had some waders custom made. He might be able to tell you were she got them. 50 bucks for new feet seems pretty cheap as they would take some serious seam sealing.

Simms will be doing the alterations so warranty will still stand. I think on their website it said they'll do other alterations for the same price so maybe I'll get full on custom fitted waders for 400! I'm like many women and my legs are tree trunks so the leg of a boys wader would hardly get last my calf. Michael & young were lovely enough to order me in a size they didn't have tobmake sure they fit perfect and had the booty to fit me with! Now to see if they'll take a deposit and payments :) tuition came due so the lump payment got slurrped up.
There's a prof at sfu from the crim department who does some cool stuff with drown victims and poachers. Maybe she will come fishing with me! Might even get a tour of some Fraser valley crime scenes.

Last edited by a moderator:
lbean, you might want to ask about lady angler partners at Highwater Tackle, 113 Lonsdale Ave., North Vancouver, 604-986-3239. Just a block and a half up from the Sea Bus terminal at Lonsdale Quay. There are a couple of experienced lady anglers (Jill and Heather Steele) working there, and it's a great shop to deal with, as well. Both fly and gear. The owner, Dave Steele, is a super nice guy. They also have an expert fly guy, Matt Suzuki.

Good idea to get Simms to install feet on your waders that fit. I did that, too.

Hope you get into some steelhead this season!

Back