Kyuquot Fishing and Adventure Pics

Hey Pippen, where are the pics...........:D:D

Thanks,

SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Malibuguy

Is Adam a guide that used to work at The Beach house in the Bay?

Yup....he's still there and was doin' pretty well on the evening fish along kelp beds at Spring Island.

Great photos - thanks for sharing!

What is the name of the lodge you stayed at? It looks very nice.

Just one tip when you are photographing fish in the boat - turn the boat so that the sun is behind you, and not behind your subject. Also, using fill flash would help a lot.

Loved the beach and Orca photos.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Striper Sniper

Hey Pippen, where are the pics...........:D:D

Thanks,

SS

I didn't want to disappoint, although there could have been more "glory shots", but hell...we've all seen plenty of mid teen to low 20's fish in our day.

I've got a whackload more pics.....but took time out for YOU to weed through them to get these ones onto photobucket. ;) [:p]

quote:Originally posted by Sushihunter

Great photos - thanks for sharing!
What is the name of the lodge you stayed at? It looks very nice.

It's called Kyuquot Sound Lodge...sort of a private shared ownership place. I think there are about 10 or so shareholders in the ownership group.

quote:Just one tip when you are photographing fish in the boat - turn the boat so that the sun is behind you, and not behind your subject.

Ha ha....ya I do know that. I kinda liked the one with the sun in the background; I knew there would be more pics of my mug so thought I would add that one in. The other "silhouette" pic I did like too, but yes...normally I ensure the sun is at my or whoever is shootin' the pic's back.

quote:Loved the beach and Orca photos.

Yup....it's a great spot and we designate a day every year when the weather is good to make the run. BBQ....beach bocci ball with the floats, a few libations, and plenty of sun. I was trying to find my thread from last year that has plenty of "beach activity" shots but can't seem to locate it with the search function??

Pippen thanks for taking the time to post you adventure in Kyuquot.
You made my week.
GLG

Thanks for the photos. By time I got through them I almost thought I was there. Nice little diversion sitting at my desk at work.:D

Pippen: Didn't mean to take you to task on the backlit photos :)

I do like the effect, but if you set your camera to force the flash on you would get the subject nicely lit with all the background sparkle off the water.

Using flash in bright sun also helps fill those shadows in the eyes and from baseball caps.

Also, you should send the Orca photos along with date, time and location to sightings@vanaqua.org

For more info, check http://www.wildwhales.org

Thanks again for sharing the photos - the WD40 can was priceless!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

Pippen: Didn't mean to take you to task on the backlit photos :)

I do like the effect, but if you set your camera to force the flash on you would get the subject nicely lit with all the background sparkle off the water.

Using flash in bright sun also helps fill those shadows in the eyes and from baseball caps.

Ha ha....no offense taken Jim. I still laugh as I have had this camera for about 4 years and still have to take the manual with me wherever I go. It makes sense with what you are saying and I need to try using the flash to get rid of the shadows etc.

quote:Also, you should send the Orca photos along with date, time and location to sightings@vanaqua.org

For more info, check http://www.wildwhales.org

One of the guys with us who lives in Telegraph was going to be submitting them to the research station over there.

We had the young lady from the Vancouver Aquarium come out to Tahsis last month for a great show. They really want to track all whales and Sea Turtles in BC. They are even doing log books.

You should drop her a line at the email address I gave you in my last post.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

If we had the best of category for "Best Fishing Adventure Pictorial"...Pippen would take home the Oscar for sure. That was truly one of the most fascinating posts to date on this forum. And theres been a few good ones. Hey maybe that's not a bad idea. Can you imagine the catagories?:D eman

Those are some fantastic pictures. WCVI and the Kyuquot area are truly beautiful places. It's been three years since I've been up there and I really miss it. Used to go up every summer. Those pics of the beach at Brooks are gorgeous.

Is the old fish camp barge still floating? That's where we used to tie up and camp on the boat when we were there.

Your report echo's what I've heard from other's up there about plenty of fish but not too many with size to them.

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

If we had the best of category for "Best Fishing Adventure Pictorial"...Pippen would take home the Oscar for sure. That was truly one of the most fascinating posts to date on this forum. And theres been a few good ones. Hey maybe that's not a bad idea. Can you imagine the catagories?:D eman

Ha ha....thanks eagle. I for one love reading reports with pics; whether it's just scenery or the glory shots. It helps take me away from the "office" when I can't be on the chuck; just thought I'd share as I have picked up a whackload of info from these forums over the past 5-6 years and figured I can share some pics back.

It still amazes me after living out here for ~16 years....left Winnipeg and made the trek; I never get sick of this province and as someone who LOVES fishing...the WCVI is an awesome, awesome place. [8D]

We had the young lady from the Vancouver Aquarium come out to Tahsis last month for a great show. They really want to track all whales and Sea Turtles in BC. They are even doing log books.

You should drop her a line at the email address I gave you in my last post.

Done. ;)

Back