Kitimat - mid august - mid september

• Thread starter Thread starter Ian
  • Start date Start date
I

Ian

I have the oppertunity to spend some time for work in kitimat between mid august and mid sept, and of course I will find a way to stay a few extra days and do some fishing.

So the question is, what's going on (generally) at that time up there, and is there a better time then others around that time frame?

River fishing is the easiest for me to do on the cheap, but not counting out the salt chuck, especially the oppertunity for halis!

Very best,

IAn

Generally the Coho start hitting the river about that time. September gets better and if you are so inclined you can use roe. Usually nice runs of fish but more and more people fishing the river now. That's why I bought a ocean going boat again to get out and away from the crowds. There are quite a few guides around that will take you out on some drifts down the river.

Spring salmon fishing is pretty good in June and July with an abundant amount of chum and then pinks all over the river.

I think either way you won't be too disapointed.

Thanks for the reply Thunder..

Looking forward to the fishing big time, the work part will just be a means to an end!

Are you local?

Very best,

Ian

Yes, I've live here off and on for about 30 years. Fishing has always been good one way or the other. You shouldn't have any problem meeting some people here who know something about the fishing and local holes.

Back