Riviera maya - mid April

Sliver09

My fiancé gifted us a trip to a riviera maya this pst Christmas, nice gal she is.

We have been once before together and went on a charter provided through the resort we stayed at. We were there at the end of October and fished out of puerto Morelos, fishing was average and the charter was also average. Other than a 250 pound sea turtle taking our bait.

This time we are there mid April and looking to do a charter again. Does anyone have any experience to share or possibly a charter to suggest in this area? Any info is appreciated.

Thank you!

That's awesome! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Will be down that way in April also. Had to gift my wife and I though lol

Last time we were there we just booked a guy off the beach (panga boat) at Akumel (spelling?) for a couple hundred and went fishing barracuda's and bottom fish. Was fun. My brother and his wife are down at Porta Morelos (2 months) and he has been doing some beach fishing. no luck yet from what he has said.

I was there (Akumel) a couple years ago and booked a charter out of Cancun. Took Cab there and back. Next time I would choose something closer to resort. The cancun area was over fished and it was a not great fishing. Reports closer to resort were better. Weather and weeds are not great in that area either. Resort was excellent though.

I am in riviera maya now. Went fishing yesterday and it was slow. No fish for me !
Guide mentioned May/June for best fishing

Back