JUGHEAD Update & Pics

Quote "I was one of the last ones to receive home-poured juggies. While they will work as advertised....no question....structurally, the finish was a little rougher than many would appreciate."End Quote
Like you, I was close to the last also, didn't even get what I ordered for colours.
But they should still work!

I can't seem to be able to activate the "U.V." either.

Jughead ...

Hey all...just got in from commercial fishing, headed back out tmrw morning. SMTW - if you haven't received your Jugheads then you prob won't get them. There have been a total of 4 orders (out of 152) that never made their destination. I have re-sent 2 of these orders of which one made delivery. It is unfortunate that a couple people will not receive their Jugheads but, rest assured, you will be the first people to receive the commercial grade Jugheads before anyone and before they reach store shelves. I am refunding those who haven't received their orders.
I am no Picasso and I have done my absolute best to create as high of quality product as possible. The commercial grade will be flaw-less and will be much more durable. Also, there will be an array of colours and UV options. And speaking of UV, the UV was added to the poly-urethane before casting. This UV additive is activated under water where it reflects the available light down deep. This is NOT a glow additive so if you're looking to activate the glow, it just won't happen. It is UV not glow.
There have been close to 100 orders put in after production has ceased. As stated, the molds have given up the ghost. And as a result, some of you received sub-standard Jugheads as the molds were deteriorating at the end. If I sent them to you, they will still fish just fine. If you're not happy, send me an email and return the Jugheads and I'll give you a full refund, tax and shipping included.
(One other option suggested to me was to put rubber baits, flies, etc into Jughead and cast them in fresh water. Apparently they work like a son-of-a-gun on trout and bass.)
GetAttachment (1).jpg This 36 lber was caught on Jughead and a Pilchard.
Keep your rod tip up!
FW

Anyone else having issues ? Emails etc. sent weeks ago, no response or reply. I understand he is on a commercial boat at times, but must have hit dry land since my last request for refund. Would appreciate a response, and preferably a refund of the $100 I sent your way.

Verdict in. IMHO he's a douche. Received replies to emails and PM here assuring me refund pending. Never happened.
Will admit, last refund request had some spicy wording " appreciate refund please. If not, F:&@- you too." apparently latter was chosen (3rd request)
Thanks for the runaround and ***** service AJ.

-smtw:- just wondering.......did you check Paypal site to see if the transaction has actually been processed?

You log on Paypal to access your account . It will show if PayPal credited it to your card or not.

If that's true then what a way to crash a business. Fisherman do not like getting screwed over and word of mouth could quickly end things.

He seemed like a very nice guy to me.....

As far as the Jugheads go, I gave them a very quick try both in Nootka and on the Central Coast. The coho liked them on the central coast but.... they liked absolutely everything. In my BRIEF experience, I think its important to remember to not brine the bait youll be using in them as you want flimsy bait that swims better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ithink Seafever may be right at least i hope so. I plan to get some for next year to try in bamfield and i do not want any hassles Be patient it will work out

-smtw:- just wondering.......did you check Paypal site to see if the transaction has actually been processed?

You log on Paypal to access your account . It will show if PayPal credited it to your card or not.

Yeah, PayPal checked, multiple emails... PayPal "requests" . My payment was accepted immediately, anything of note I have thrown on this thread as a caveat.

You nailed it man. That's why timeline is on this thread... I'm willing to give anyone a chance. And have in this case.

(and sorry for posting on this thread a lot, I'm done.. Just wanted all to know my experience. )

(thought this thread died…) Had to hear the rumours first I guess. Thanks for the phone call BullHead.
…don’t remember any swear words in anyone’s email …I guess I shoulda checked this forum once in a while. I’ll admit that the first attempt at refund was not hasty simply because I was away working for a while. But I have sent refunds to those who didn’t get their Jugheads. I didn’t get to verify until I came back again.
As it is, once I send and it if doesn’t go thru I have to wait for it to come back anyway. There are 3 people who Paypal refuses to refund to. I re-sent them again yesterday. If they send it back again, I’ll know soon because I’m not going anywhere, then email me your address and I’ll courier you guys a certified bank draft for the amount of your purchases, plus interest. Or, how ‘bout Western Union? Pick your poison. Drop me an email. Can’t really offer much more than that.
If I can’t send thru Paypal, I’m not giving C/C info on any other site so don’t bother sending links.
Everyone who ordered Jugheads thru here still receives the first sets of Jugheads before they hit store shelves. Colours will be clear, green and glow, all with UV option.
Keep Your Rod Tip Up!
AJ

i still havnt gotten anything back through paypal wanna fire me an email bryce_mclaren@hotmail.com

.....done.
Also, one of you guys has still to accept the payment from Paypal. It's still sitting there, subtracted from my account. Check your Paypal accounts plz.

AJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AJ
I sent a personal check which was cashed in July, I will wait till you get the new ones done. Send me a e-mail and let me know you have my correct address which you can send the commercial ones to.
john@hindsightfishing.com

(thought this thread died…) Had to hear the rumours first I guess. Thanks for the phone call BullHead.
…don’t remember any swear words in anyone’s email …I guess I shoulda checked this forum once in a while. I’ll admit that the first attempt at refund was not hasty simply because I was away working for a while. But I have sent refunds to those who didn’t get their Jugheads. I didn’t get to verify until I came back again.
As it is, once I send and it if doesn’t go thru I have to wait for it to come back anyway. There are 3 people who Paypal refuses to refund to. I re-sent them again yesterday. If they send it back again, I’ll know soon because I’m not going anywhere, then email me your address and I’ll courier you guys a certified bank draft for the amount of your purchases, plus interest. Or, how ‘bout Western Union? Pick your poison. Drop me an email. Can’t really offer much more than that.
If I can’t send thru Paypal, I’m not giving C/C info on any other site so don’t bother sending links.
Everyone who ordered Jugheads thru here still receives the first sets of Jugheads before they hit store shelves. Colours will be clear, green and glow, all with UV option.
Keep Your Rod Tip Up!
AJ

Hi AJ
I sent a personal check which was cashed in July, I will wait till you get the new ones done. Send me a e-mail and let me know you have my correct address which you can send the commercial ones to.
john@hindsightfishing.com

Hey John, sorry about that. So much happened at once. I guess I just got bogged down with it all and lost track. Send me an email - fishwhisperer@hotmail.com I'll send you a care pkg.

Back