JUGHEAD Update & Pics

So for the hootchies you just run it strait through the bill and not through the bottom hole first like you would with the bait?

So for the hootchies you just run it strait through the bill and not through the bottom hole first like you would with the bait?

Yessir, just straight thru the bill then stuff the hootchie up inside the head. Basically, you're just putting Jughead in front of your hootchie on your leader. Looks pretty cool seeing a hootchie swim. Flies, streamers, rubber fish ...all look pretty cool.

I think I got a couple anchovy heads because all my heads are drilled. No smaller, instilled ones. No strikes today on my anchovy.

I think I got a couple anchovy heads because all my heads are drilled. No smaller, instilled ones. No strikes today on my anchovy.

The mold for the small size is very reluctant to produce. In fact, about 10% are able to even come out of the mold. Rather than delay your order Theb55, I sent to you 2 Chovy size. Hootchies fit in the Chovy size too. There were several orders that did not receive the small size as well.

FW

Well, it seems all of the molds are reluctant to produce. I'm sure glad I stopped taking orders last week. As you can see, I'm working thru the long wknd because now every single piece has to be hand tooled after it comes out of the mold. They don't look as shiny and pretty as store bought but they'll fish just the same. Having stated that, PUT CLEAR NAIL POLISH ON THEM ("Top Coat" or whatever colour). I simply don't have the time to paint 'em all up.

FW

Can you run the Jughead behind a flasher?.....if so, how far back?

It sounds like these heads produce a very large rotational arc......would it be prudent to have one clip about 15ft above the other if you are running two at once? So as not to tangle?

Can you run the Jughead behind a flasher?.....if so, how far back?

It sounds like these heads produce a very large rotational arc......would it be prudent to have one clip about 15ft above the other if you are running two at once? So as not to tangle?

Yes, Jugheads work great behind a flasher too with the exception of XL which is too heavy. Jugheads swim about a 2' to 3' barrel roll. The faster you troll the wider this becomes, especially with the XL Pilchard size, which can get up to about 10' to 15' across.

FW

I received my jugheads and can give them a big thumbs up. It wasn't easy hooking springs around Malcolm today, but we landed a 20+ lb this morning on an anchovy + jughead, as well as a wild coho we released (hoochie version).

Many other hits with the jughead, so now experimenting with rigging.

Thanks AJ.

Out @ Rene yesterday. Rewarded with a nice big fat Coho on a whisky line. Six oz, 40 ft. Jughead with chovie. Like old times. Thanks.

Should be whiskey line. Left over from commercial days where commies used to stick a lure off the back of their boat in the prop wash. Commies used to sell these for whiskey. We had downriggers down and put this off back of boat with a 6 oz slip weight.

I received my jugheads and can give them a big thumbs up. It wasn't easy hooking springs around Malcolm today, but we landed a 20+ lb this morning on an anchovy + jughead, as well as a wild coho we released (hoochie version).

Many other hits with the jughead, so now experimenting with rigging.

Thanks AJ.

Hey HM, thanks for the report. Glad to hear Jughead worked well for you. I appreciate any info and pics. Have fun experimenting with Jughead. Good luck!

AJ

Out @ Rene yesterday. Rewarded with a nice big fat Coho on a whisky line. Six oz, 40 ft. Jughead with chovie. Like old times. Thanks.

The ole' whiskey line huh? Great! I haven't done that in quite some time. In fact, I've never even tried Jughead behind a weight. Wish I could get you all some more Jugheads but, my molds have made their last. Commercial production will begin in February, 2013. Thanks for the report Theb55. Good luck fishin'.

FW

FishWhisperer...... Have tried contacting you by email re:eek:rder. PayPal invoice received and paid 2 days shy of a month ago ? Any update ? Thanks.

I sent an email. I have not hear from him. I am interested in order some of new jugheads .. I hope He will reply back to me and smtw soon.

Anyone bonk any smileys this season on a jughead?

According to FishWhisperer's earlier posts he is not making them any more from his molds at home.......as I guess his molds at home finally gave up the ghost.

He said that he will resume coomercial production again in early 2013.

I was one of the last ones to receive home-poured juggies. While they will work as advertised....no question....structurally, the finish was a little rougher than many would appreciate.

The commercial ones will probably have a much better finish on them.

I haven't had a chance to use mine yet. Probably next trip out I will.

Back