I should have been a weatherman

• Thread starter Thread starter steelheadfreak
  • Start date Start date
S

steelheadfreak

So I plan on being up Telegraph way for all of next week. Been waiting for this trip for some time now. I get on the "weather network" and, BAM! Yeturday they said a week of calm winds and semi-clear skies. I take a look this am and, WTF? Now they say a total week of rain?

I tell ya, I should have been a weatherman. I mean ya, west coast weather is tuff to predict, but come on. Being a weatherman on the coast you can be brutal at your job and still keep it. :(

Just went through the same thing with Rennie, the weather forecast seemed to change daily.

That said, my real pet peeve is that Enviroment Canada forecast 20+ knot winds for the Juan de Fuca straight every day and you go out there and sometimes it is below 5 knots. One would never fish JDF if you took EC seriously so I started using the US forecasts instead.

BTW years ago EC forecast 15 knot winds for Brooks Pennisula and we went out there and ended up in 60 knot winds of Lawn Point so they error both ways.

The way I see it, The Weather Network are optimists and EC are pessimists. EC tends to cover their @sses so we, the taxpayers can't sue them if we venture out when we shouldn't. I always read both reports and try to discern a general movement in the satellite pix. I'm only right 50% of the time though... [:p]

Back