How To Pick The Right Winch??

I have had electrics a couple of times and finally gave up on them-they require a fair bit of maintenance and if they crap out on the ramp they can be a real bear to trouble shoot. I now use a Fulton 2 speed-3700 lb-best deals I've found on winches is Princess auto-they often have sales on them-I believe I got this one on sale for around 70 bucks. I should also say I have that UHMW (whatever) on my beds which has made a tremendous difference to the difficulty of winching.

not a fan of electric winches just one more expensive thing to break. replaced mine i have a 24fter with a manual 2 speed as long as there's enough water i don't have a problem.

Done deal.... The guys at CV Marine here in Courtenay gave me a great deal on a Fulton 2600#.... 2 speed winch with brake. Hoping to get it on right away.

Very good thread . I was looking at installing an electric winch, now pretty sure I will be installing a manual. I twisted the crap out of my fulton by trying to Turn it the wrong way. "Gorilla hands!"

I thought the best answer was an electric with an already mounted manuel back-up but never could figure out how to mount it seamlessly.

Back