holiday in sidney/ victoria

• Thread starter Thread starter starcraftttom
  • Start date Start date
S

starcraftttom

I know that I have not postd in a while but work is a four letter word. i am coming over to your side of the pond this weekend and will be staying in the brentwood bay area and then victoria. The family wants to see the gardens and fire works, but I want to fish. So whats bitting in those areas and is crab and shrimp open?? any places to try? I have the 240 ft of water for the shrimp and only on the slack tide but any good areas by name? How about for the crab? I will be in a 22 c-dory with a big irish scroll work down the side. the boats called the susan E.

quote:http://www.fishingvictoria.com/reports.asp
Check here, Tom. I don't fish out that way anymore but the report sounds slow. In years past, it can be good in the channel between Sidney and James Island for springs about now.
T2

fire works don't start till summer(july 1),crab always open,Commercial prawners are in now.Best sending the girls shopping and you go fishing.

Your right the fire works dont start until july.I just checked there web site. oh well we are still going to see the gardens and victoria. We dont do a lot of shopping but really like the museams and out of the way stuff. Last trip we took a tour of the castle. Was really fun. I hope to hit the maritine museam this trip. any other ideas out there for fun stuff to see or do.

Welcome to our neck of the woods.

If your into hiking try the gowland todd park which you can start from brentwood. http://www.trailpeak.com/index.jsp?cat=hike&con=trail&val=758

If your a dukes of hazard kind of guy, check out Langfords classic car racing every saturday night followed by a huge "swap n shop" sunday morning. http://www.westernspeedway.bc.ca/

If you got some money burning a hole in your pocket check out deep cove chalet, best meal in town. http://www.deepcovechalet.com/

If you want some of the best and freshest produce and locally grown meats check out Red Barn Market on West Saanich Road

Of course downtown has the usual array of great pubs and site seeing.

enjoy

you can always bird watch - down town I like to keep an eye out for big breasted bed thrashers my self - be sure to wear your sunglassess ;)

Well we had a great weekend in the gardens and victoria. I did not get to fish at all and only shrimped for a hour, four shrimp? I will be taking 10 days starting the 16th of june in the gilf islands.Where should I fish and shrimp? it looks like salmon is open in the whole area at that time. I had been planing on going north of desolation in september but that trip has been cancauled.

I just need to know what locations and general areas are producers and which are a compele waste of time. I want to shrimp and fish. I will also have the crab pot with me. We may be going around the west side a little but not sure .Is this doable in a 22 ft c-dory??

'salmon' may be open in most areas but a lot of areas are closed to fishing .period.Check regs for RCAs and spot closures.Areas can be closed with no notice so check regs often.There are a lot of these closed areas over here.

quote:Originally posted by knucklebuster

'salmon' may be open in most areas but a lot of areas are closed to fishing .period....

Your telling me!!
I've been poking around the DFO site and can't believe how much area has been 'turned' off.

starcraftttom:
Depending on your seamanship and toys installed, that Dory boat of yours should do just fine in most of our waters. I'd go as far as telling you that you'd likely give up before it did.

Can't help you out much as for when and where to fish. I and a couple of other boats will be out in the islands for June 9, 10 and 11th. I'll keep ya in mind.

Dean.

dean, yeah keep me in mind and let me know how you do. Iam working the next couple of saturdays so can not get over there until the 16th. We had planned on going north with a bunch of boats in september but I can not get that time off now. figure we would stay close and fish from sooke to nananimo. I dont know the area but thats a good reason to go. The boat will handle a lot and I have put it thru a lot . Shes one year and 3 months old with 500hrs on it. I fish over here all year.

Sooke should start seeing more and bigger Springs by that
time...
it's only a 1/2 hour run from Victoria harbour in your boat
or you can launch it at "sunny shores marina" or pedder bay
which are about a 45 min. drive out of Victoria[8D]

Back