Help - bill of sale for boat

Live 2 fish

Is there a TC legal form to complete for bill of sale? Or just the transfer of registration?
Obviously ICBC transfer papers for trailer.

Thank you,

Is there a TC legal form to complete for bill of sale? Or just the transfer of registration?

Thank you,
When I have bought or sold i do a typed out bill of sale. Sellers name address phone number selling VIN# to buyers name address phone number on this day. Have a place for both parties to sign. TC was good with this as well as insurance along with a transfer form for trailer.

Thank you,
Transfer of license can be problematic if the buyer doesn’t bother to do the paperwork. If this happens you are the last owner of record and if the boat is abandoned or involved in something illegal you could be held responsible. Also as of late I have been stopped and have been asked for a Bill of sale, not sure if this is common but I ensure I have one in my paperwork onboard. I’d recommend you have one to cover your butt as a seller or buyer. Here’s a template for you.

Last edited:

Thank you,
I just typed it out and photocopied the guys license and had him sign it.

Back