Hello all

walleyes

Crew Member
Hello all.. just thought I would introduce myself. I'm from out in Alberta, but come out to God's country atleast once or twice a year since I was a kid!!! was raised by a fisherman. I have been reading this post for about 6 months now, and have to tell you guys it is great. I have picked up a lot of info and also feel I could share in alot of topic's. Once again I am not a local but fishing is a life we all share and you may or may not realize but many things are relative.
We will be heading out to Sooke around the middle of August for our annuall pilgramige this year and will be keeping up on local reports.
We were out to Prince Rupert 2 weeks ago stayed at Hartly Bay, fishing was slow for salmon but the Halis were hot... nothing to big but had a blast playing lots of chickens, fresh fish is always good.
Anyways look forward to shareing and learning from everyone.

P.S.... live in Walleye and Pike heaven and live on the water all summer always need a fishing partner.

quote:Originally posted by walleyes

Hello all.. just thought I would introduce myself. I'm from out in Alberta, but come out to God's country atleast once or twice a year since I was a kid!!! was raised by a fisherman. I have been reading this post for about 6 months now, and have to tell you guys it is great. I have picked up a lot of info and also feel I could share in alot of topic's. Once again I am not a local but fishing is a life we all share and you may or may not realize but many things are relative.
We will be heading out to Sooke around the middle of August for our annuall pilgramige this year and will be keeping up on local reports.
We were out to Prince Rupert 2 weeks ago stayed at Hartly Bay, fishing was slow for salmon but the Halis were hot... nothing to big but had a blast playing lots of chickens, fresh fish is always good.
Anyways look forward to shareing and learning from everyone.

P.S.... live in Walleye and Pike heaven and live on the water all summer always need a fishing partner.
hey walleyes, i am from alberta too but have been here for 2 yrs now, am heading back next week, miss the gators, and will bring my rod , i will be close to my secret spot, on the bow river, hoping to maybe catch another, ya gotta love those big ones in the cold water... nothin like those over 20 lbs...

Hey Nootka..

Not sure if the name reflects where you're from, but we fished out of Couger creek 3 years ago middle of August and hammered the big chinooks. Family stayed in Gold River we drove out to campsite every morning and launched from Courger creek, Thinking of trying Tahsis next. Wife was bored in Gold River ( like I cared ). Heard might be more for family's at Tahsis. Would like to try outside a little, got a bigger boat since last time. What is Tahsis like for family's.

Welcome to the salt chuck. I fished walleyes in the south end of Cold Lake, French Bay I think it was called. Caught some big ones, 31 inches the biggest.

Know the area well urchin.. live about an hr from Cold lake go there for lakers. we landed some nice ones 2 weeks ago. put a 13.5# in the boat that day, fishing was hot... never kept em all but landed quite a few in boat. would send pictures but can't seem to figure out how to attatch on this format.

Back