Hali Fishing

• Thread starter Thread starter Always Learnin
  • Start date Start date
he one i realy hate is the so called sport fishing guides who are so horny to get close to your spot they just miss your float and m leave a 3 foot wake smashing you around. please dont listen to the guy who cant afto buy a chart find your own spots to fish

Ok...so I'm going to assume that was directed my way and assume that I know generally that you are from a certain charter company. Let's analyze this one. You fished the north side of the bank, us the south side. So we are limiting out in an hour while you are taking quite a bit longer (by no means bragging...but important for my point, and don't get me wrong...I respect all the fisherman out there working their asses off guiding). Then after awhile of this and you noticing it, we show up one day to see 5 boats (all from this certain company), all crammed into our exact GPS co-ordinate on the south side not 30ft away from one another backtrolling...hmmmmm...wonder how they suddenly decided to move down there all of a sudden? So really...who's at fault there? You're more than welcome to fish it, I know I, nor my Dad, own the ocean...maybe others would like to take that lesson!

David

David, (Note to self: Think up some sweet moves and speed to avoid this! lol)

That might have worked before they invented radar. You can run but you can't hide. :D God I love technology.

Too funny :D
You'd have to backtroll the current unless the boat drifts faster than your scottsman

quote:Originally posted by LastChance
My favorite is to chuck your anchor float over the side somewhere, and wait for the other boat to get their anchor going down.. Then, grab your float, and hammer it out of there, you will have a 15 minute lead on them by the time they get their anchor up and put away.

*YAWN* It's not just the spot, it's the tides, it's what to use, it's the knack.. It's not like the 27, 18, and 11 Fathom reefs are any secret, yet theres lots more boats coming back to Pedder without butts then with them.

Good point...be sure to pass that on to bee15 [:p]

quote:Originally posted by SerengetiGuide

*YAWN* It's not just the spot, it's the tides, it's what to use, it's the knack.. It's not like the 27, 18, and 11 Fathom reefs are any secret, yet theres lots more boats coming back to Pedder without butts then with them.

Good point...be sure to pass that on to bee15 [:p]

Let's be nice to Bee15, theres not a lot you can tell him about Halibut, or being a sh*t disturber...

Give em a two hour joy ride at 8 kts, they'll be fed up with you before ya even get to your anchor tricks!:)

Back