Hali Fishing

• Thread starter Thread starter Always Learnin
  • Start date Start date
A

Always Learnin

I would like to know the name of a good hali guide in the Vic-Sooke area. I have a boat - but would like a lesson or two....

I'd try the search feature on the top right.

I went on guided hali trip once but we got skunked so I'm not gonna mention any names.
And yes I know thats why they called it fishing and not catching:D

Good luck

[:o)]mike

Try Gibby's Charters out of Sooke Harbour,He runs a 26 hourston w/diesel,heat.Great accomodations,good gear,guaranteed to have fun,top fisherman,and I guess I should say a good friend.

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

I'd try the search feature on the top right.

I went on guided hali trip once but we got skunked so I'm not gonna mention any names.
And yes I know thats why they called it fishing and not catching:D

Good luck

[:o)]mike

I'll second getting all your lessons HERE!
TON'S of info if you look for it.

Read it through and post questions later...

quote:Originally posted by mlaag

is that you adrian

Nope - I'm Kenn. I'm fishing out of Sooke Basin - I usually launch at Sunny Shores. It's about the same distance for me to launch at Pedder. So I really have a good range. Any advice for the best places to go in that range? Anybody willing to give a greenhorn your favourite spots?

You give me $500 and i will give you Wolf's favorite spot!LOL

I'll do it to $250 I saw him out there 3 or 4 times last year we limited on every trip.

Hey Spring Loaded welcome aboard. I hear there's a guy who bought his old boat and might be chartering out of there as well. Any truth to that rumour ??

quote:Originally posted by battaglino

I'll do it to $250 I saw him out there 3 or 4 times last year we limited on every trip.
Well guys - thanks - I think - looks like I'm going to have to pay to find the honey holes!!! See you out there!

Just wake up early at the marina and follow out the charter boats.

I am going to nootka again this year and would like to spend some more time on halibut. we tried a spot on the highway last year (just one day) and got yellow eye and one real small hali any suggestions for this area. thanks:)

Fins-n-Skins I,ve got the old boat 23hourston and still have the 27Grady.The hourston will run out of Vic and Sooke until Aug then it will join the Grady in Renny for Aug,Sept.

quote:Originally posted by SerengetiGuide

Note to self: Think up some sweet moves and speed to avoid this! lol

My favorite is to chuck your anchor float over the side somewhere, and wait for the other boat to get their anchor going down.. Then, grab your float, and hammer it out of there, you will have a 15 minute lead on them by the time they get their anchor up and put away.

An interesting adaptation to this would be to toss your float overboard somewhere that would hammer home the idea of "checking current tables" to whomever is deliberatly following you around, and trying to sponge off of the hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of fuel you have invested in your fishing strategy..

It's one thing to cork the GPS as you go by someone's favorite spot, but come one, give a guy some room.

quote:An interesting adaptation to this would be to toss your float overboard somewhere that would hammer home the idea of "checking current tables"

Now that could be a nasty and expensive trick on a newbie off race [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

quote:Originally posted by SerengetiGuide

Note to self: Think up some sweet moves and speed to avoid this! lol

My favorite is to chuck your anchor float over the side somewhere, and wait for the other boat to get their anchor going down.. Then, grab your float, and hammer it out of there, you will have a 15 minute lead on them by the time they get their anchor up and put away.

An interesting adaptation to this would be to toss your float overboard somewhere that would hammer home the idea of "checking current tables" to whomever is deliberatly following you around, and trying to sponge off of the hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of fuel you have invested in your fishing strategy..

It's one thing to cork the GPS as you go by someone's favorite spot, but come one, give a guy some room.

haha. The put your gear out bring it up has been used before. Most will get embarrassed that you know what they are doing and not follow you again...some are persistant. Def hammering it down in the Pursuit would give a good lead...she flies when she wants to lol.

Back