Fuel Prices 2023

Every station that has a rewards program is 3c-5c L more than the ones without. The only good deal is buying at the Superstore with the PC credit card and the PC plus points card.
You can use/scan their app and a credit card of your choice too.

You can use/scan their app and a credit card of your choice too.
Their card gives you double the points, and offers far more cash back on certain purchases. My wife has it all down to a science lol. We get at least $150 per month in kickbacks when paying close attention. Like get 30 000 PC Optimum points when you use your PC Credit Card to purchase $150 in fuel. Well that's $30 in free groceries just for using the card. It's way more than any other points system when they give it to you in grocery money. I've been using Avion for years and was thinking about switching it all to PC lately. Grocery spending has way out paced our travel spending.

Last edited:
Agreed on the 10$ groceries per 10,000 points, I ignored it for years but use it all the time now. It adds up quick with fuel for sure. Just wish False Creek Fuels was compliant.

Will look into their card.

Avion card member too with hundreds of thousands in points I haven’t used.

Last edited:
Agreed on the 10$ groceries per $10,000 points, I ignored it for years but use it all the time now. It adds up quick with fuel for sure. Just wish False Creek Fuels was compliant.

Will look into their card.

Avion card member too with hundreds of thousands in points I haven’t used.
I use it for Uber gift cards a lot and that gives you instant cash back as well. So it's 15% off of money you would have spent anyway. It's a no brainer.

I buy at the Co-op as they have marked fuel and a nice December timed rebate cheque. Mine is usually in the $400.00 range...pays for X-Mas booze. I use my gold card to pay and get reward points there as well. Pretty much all the big ticket items in my house were acquired with points..Smart TV, Bosch Dishwasher, Costco Stainless barbi, Michelin performance tires for my 65 Mustang..etc etc.

I've been using Avion for years and was thinking about switching it all to PC lately. Grocery spending has way out paced our travel spending.
My god, isn’t that the truth.
I’ll need to look into it, it’s been a few years since I’ve done a CC assessment. Have had the Canadian tire world elite card for a while which was pretty decent and brings free roadside service, though I think there are better cards for the routine purchases.
The red flag deals forum has some good discussion, bunch of thrifty folks over there.

We use the WestJet MasterCard. The points pay for the majority of our flights.

WTF is wrong with this picture??

Top 10 Gas Stations & Cheap Fuel Prices in Port Alberni, BC

$ 1.99.9 to 2.05.9 / L

Top 10 Gas Stations & Cheap Fuel Prices in Vancouver, BC​

$ 1.73.9 to 1.75.9

KeRist!

$ 1.99.9 to 2.05.9 / L

$ 1.73.9 to 1.75.9

KeRist!
Well you could argue that it cost more to get the fuel to Port Alberni. But it's a gongshow regardless. Filled up diesel for less than $2 today which was nice but still ridiculous.

$ 1.99.9 to 2.05.9 / L

$ 1.73.9 to 1.75.9

KeRist!
Prices are slowly coming down on the island. House poor Vancouverites need the break ;)

Hopefully the cities without a transit tax will drop below 1.60 but maybe I'm dreaming. If not I'll be trailering my boat up Island!

If anybody is heading up island today, regular is $149.9 at Supersave in Nanaimo
that's .30c a litre cheaper than Victoria.
Is this a short term anomoly or a trend I wonder ?

Last edited:
Does Nanaimo have the transit tax Victoria does? Often a 5-10 cent spread but that is substantially lower even than Costco.
It’s a smaller tax than in Victoria

That station truly is the best! Family owned on paid for property

If anybody is heading up island today, regular is $149.9 at Supersave in Nanaimo
that's .30c a litre cheaper than Victoria.
Is this a short term anomoly or a trend I wonder ?
I gas at Supersave in Vancouver all the time to support them. They are the only gas station that drives down the price and force the biggies to follow.

Back